    functions (and if possible an example of each one).

    Does it exists such documentation freely available? Where can I download the file?

    Thanks In Advance

    mase, Aug 12, 2003

  2. mase

    Rolf Magnus Guest

    mase wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I am making an C++ IDE for Linux. (free License, GPL)
    >
    > For autocompletion and contextual help I need a complete reference of
    > the C++ standard library. Its 51 headers (C and STL included) and all
    > its functions (and if possible an example of each one).
    >
    > Does it exists such documentation freely available? Where can I
    > download the file?

    In your case, you might be better off getting the standard itself. The
    pdf version is not so expensive ($18 I think), and of course it
    contains a complete description of the standard library.

    Rolf Magnus, Aug 12, 2003

  3. mase

    Sam Holden Guest

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 01:40:21 +0200, mase <> wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I am making an C++ IDE for Linux. (free License, GPL)
    >
    > For autocompletion and contextual help I need a complete reference of
    > the C++ standard library. Its 51 headers (C and STL included) and all its
    > functions (and if possible an example of each one).
    >
    > Does it exists such documentation freely available? Where can I download the file?

    You can buy a pdf copy of the standard for US$18.

    There are lots of books about the C++ library (sometimes focusing on a
    particular section), a library may have some of them, a University library
    (of a University with a science or engineering faculty) should have som of
    them.

    --
    Sam Holden

    Sam Holden, Aug 12, 2003
  4. mase

    mase Guest

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 01:59:57 +0200, Rolf Magnus wrote:

    > mase wrote:
    >

    >> Hello
    >>
    >> I am making an C++ IDE for Linux. (free License, GPL)
    >>
    >> For autocompletion and contextual help I need a complete reference of
    >> the C++ standard library. Its 51 headers (C and STL included) and all
    >> its functions (and if possible an example of each one).
    >>
    >> Does it exists such documentation freely available? Where can I
    >> download the file?

    > In your case, you might be better off getting the standard itself. The
    > pdf version is not so expensive ($18 I think), and of course it contains
    > a complete description of the standard library.

    But I am not sure I can freely distribute this file with my
    application. (Otherwise somebody would had put it already to download
    free at some Web)

    Which I am looking for is a documentation to include with my application,
    to make indexations and to jump to this documentation in the contextual
    help, and to present function prototipes in the autocompletion feature.

    mase, Aug 12, 2003
  5. mase wrote:

    > Which I am looking for is a documentation to include with my application,
    > to make indexations and to jump to this documentation in the contextual
    > help, and to present function prototipes in the autocompletion feature.

    Talk with the kdevelop people. They might know something, since they have a
    help function in their IDE.

    --
    John L. Fjellstad

    John L Fjellstad, Aug 13, 2003
  6. mase

    sharkky Guest

    Wouldn't it be better if the STL files were actually parsed? That way, in
    case it changed (not that it will, but future versions of STL could change
    slightly), the parser would automatically update your auto-complete
    functionality?

    Just my .02

    sharkky, Aug 21, 2003