C++ standard Library

mase

Hello

I am making an C++ IDE for Linux. (free License, GPL)

For autocompletion and contextual help I need a complete reference of
the C++ standard library. Its 51 headers (C and STL included) and all its
functions (and if possible an example of each one).

Does it exists such documentation freely available? Where can I download the file?

Thanks In Advance

Rolf Magnus

mase said:
Hello

I am making an C++ IDE for Linux. (free License, GPL)

For autocompletion and contextual help I need a complete reference of
the C++ standard library. Its 51 headers (C and STL included) and all
its functions (and if possible an example of each one).

Does it exists such documentation freely available? Where can I
download the file?

In your case, you might be better off getting the standard itself. The
pdf version is not so expensive ($18 I think), and of course it
contains a complete description of the standard library.

Sam Holden

Hello

I am making an C++ IDE for Linux. (free License, GPL)

For autocompletion and contextual help I need a complete reference of
the C++ standard library. Its 51 headers (C and STL included) and all its
functions (and if possible an example of each one).

Does it exists such documentation freely available? Where can I download the file?

You can buy a pdf copy of the standard for US$18.

There are lots of books about the C++ library (sometimes focusing on a
particular section), a library may have some of them, a University library
(of a University with a science or engineering faculty) should have som of
them.

mase

mase wrote:

In your case, you might be better off getting the standard itself. The
pdf version is not so expensive ($18 I think), and of course it contains
a complete description of the standard library.

But I am not sure I can freely distribute this file with my
application. (Otherwise somebody would had put it already to download
free at some Web)

Which I am looking for is a documentation to include with my application,
to make indexations and to jump to this documentation in the contextual
help, and to present function prototipes in the autocompletion feature.

John L Fjellstad

mase said:
Which I am looking for is a documentation to include with my application,
to make indexations and to jump to this documentation in the contextual
help, and to present function prototipes in the autocompletion feature.

Talk with the kdevelop people. They might know something, since they have a
help function in their IDE.

sharkky

Wouldn't it be better if the STL files were actually parsed? That way, in
case it changed (not that it will, but future versions of STL could change
slightly), the parser would automatically update your auto-complete
functionality?

Just my .02