C STDOUT -> IDLE? (Windows)

Rolf Wester

Hi,

I have some C-extension that write to C-STDOUT. When running python in
IDLE (under Windows) IDLE doesn't show the output of the C-extensions.
Is there a (simply?) way to get the extensions output displayed in IDLE?
Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rolf Wester

F.G.Testa

You may find some explanations (but probably not solutions) on this issue in
comp.python.c++ a thread from nov/5 "stdout from c++". thid =
000501c3a3b2$ba89b900$7b64a8c0

vincent wehren

| Hi,
|
| I have some C-extension that write to C-STDOUT. When running python in
| IDLE (under Windows) IDLE doesn't show the output of the C-extensions.
| Is there a (simply?) way to get the extensions output displayed in IDLE?
| Thanks in advance.

Try using PySys_WriteStdout() instead of the "normal" c-functions

HTH

Vincent Wehren