C++ stl map in shared memory betn 2 unrelated processes

Joined
Mar 13, 2007
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi,
Can some one please help me in the following situation?
I have an application, which I'm trying to split into 2 different processes. Both processes need to have a common C++ STL hash map. I thought of creating this hash map in shared memory, but for some reason when the second process tries to access the map created & populated by 1st process, it gives seg fault.
Is there any way for second process to properly access & if required modify the map?
Please help.
Thanks.

Last edited: