C++ Template - Does it work on 16-bit platform

Discussion in 'C++' started by softwareengineer2006@gmail.com, Apr 23, 2006.

  1. Guest

    C++ Template - Does it work on 16-bit platform

    Hi All,

    I was using an open source wbxmlparser for my mobile application.

    Now I am supposed to port the mobile application into a 16-bit
    platform,

    The parser is not working at all for 16-bit platform, I am suspecting
    the template classes used by the open source wbxmlparser is causing
    this problem.

    Any help will be appreciated.

    , Apr 23, 2006

  2. benben Guest

    wrote:
    > C++ Template - Does it work on 16-bit platform

    Of course.

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I was using an open source wbxmlparser for my mobile application.
    >

    > Now I am supposed to port the mobile application into a 16-bit
    > platform,
    >

    > The parser is not working at all for 16-bit platform, I am suspecting
    > the template classes used by the open source wbxmlparser is causing
    > this problem.

    Do you mean the specific class template you use or the concept of
    template as a whole. Only the latter is a language issue. If it is not a
    language issue then you will have far better response in a newsgroup
    dedicated to the topic in question.

    benben, Apr 23, 2006

  3. Rolf Magnus Guest

    wrote:

    > C++ Template - Does it work on 16-bit platform

    The availability of templates has nothing at all to do with the native bit
    width of the target platform.

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I was using an open source wbxmlparser for my mobile application.
    >

    > Now I am supposed to port the mobile application into a 16-bit
    > platform,
    >

    > The parser is not working at all for 16-bit platform, I am suspecting
    > the template classes used by the open source wbxmlparser is causing
    > this problem.

    No. This can't be the problem.

    Rolf Magnus, Apr 23, 2006
  4. wrote:
    > C++ Template - Does it work on 16-bit platform
    >
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I was using an open source wbxmlparser for my mobile application.
    >

    > Now I am supposed to port the mobile application into a 16-bit
    > platform,
    >

    > The parser is not working at all for 16-bit platform, I am suspecting
    > the template classes used by the open source wbxmlparser is causing
    > this problem.
    >

    > Any help will be appreciated.

    Only if the compiler you are using supports templates.
    Many older 16 bit compilers did not, because the compilers
    pre-dated templates in the language.

    What compiler (from what year) are you trying to use?

    Larry

    Larry I Smith, Apr 23, 2006
  5. wrote:
    > C++ Template - Does it work on 16-bit platform

    The Digital Mars C++ compiler for 16 bit X86 supports templates.

    -Walter Bright
    www.digitalmars.com C, C++, D programming language compilers

    Walter Bright, Apr 23, 2006