    Once again, thanks for your responses.

    --
    Martin

    Martin, Aug 10, 2010

  2. Martin <> writes:

    > Well it does appear my answer was correct.
    >
    > I have tried to contact the author of the quiz, but my e-mail is
    > bouncing. For those interested, the quiz was created by Seth Lowe and
    > is on this page: http://bellsouthpwp.net/v/o/voltson/index.html and
    > the contact e-mail is this: . If any of you can
    > find a way to contact him, it would be useful.

    I see a seriously broken website. No questions visible at all. That's
    a shame because you seemed to think it was better than most 9and most
    are pretty awful).

    <snip>
    --
    Ben.

    Ben Bacarisse, Aug 10, 2010

  3. Martin

    Martin Guest

    On 10 Aug, 13:55, Ben Bacarisse <> wrote:
    > I see a seriously broken website.  No questions visible at all.  That's
    > a shame because you seemed to think it was better than most 9and most
    > are pretty awful).

    On the page I linked to you can download a zip file. I've just done so
    and run the executable (after running it through a virus checker) and
    it runs the quiz. Some of you may want to try it to see what you
    think. I thought it better than most and the explanations given
    indicated the author had read the Standard - hence my surprise at what
    I thought was the wrong answer given to the question which is the
    subject of this thread.

    --
    Martin

    Martin, Aug 10, 2010
  4. Martin

    Shao Miller Guest

    On Aug 10, 8:28 am, Martin <> wrote:
    > Well it does appear my answer was correct.
    >
    > I have tried to contact the author of the quiz, but my e-mail is
    > bouncing. For those interested, the quiz was created by Seth Lowe and
    > is on this page:http://bellsouthpwp.net/v/o/voltson/index.htmland
    > the contact e-mail is this: . If any of you can
    > find a way to contact him, it would be useful.
    >
    > I composed an e-mail and sent it and when that bounced I tried again
    > and it bounced again.
    >
    > Once again, thanks for your responses.

    I wonder if you could get "islands" out of the arguments with:

    printf("%d", (int){++a}, a + 5);

    or:

    printf("%d", ++a, (int){a + 5});

    or:

    printf("%d", (int){++a}, (int){a + 5});

    Shao Miller, Aug 10, 2010
  5. Martin <> writes:

    > On 10 Aug, 13:55, Ben Bacarisse <> wrote:
    >> I see a seriously broken website.  No questions visible at all.  That's
    >> a shame because you seemed to think it was better than most 9and most
    >> are pretty awful).

    > On the page I linked to you can download a zip file. I've just done so
    > and run the executable (after running it through a virus checker) and
    > it runs the quiz. Some of you may want to try it to see what you
    > think. I thought it better than most and the explanations given
    > indicated the author had read the Standard - hence my surprise at what
    > I thought was the wrong answer given to the question which is the
    > subject of this thread.

    Better than many, I agree (though the fact that the website does not
    work makes it unusable in general). There is certainly more than one
    error though!

    --
    Ben.

    Ben Bacarisse, Aug 10, 2010