C to Java Class Files compiler (AMPC version 1.5.1 released)

napi

C to Java Class Files
-------------------------------

We are pleased to announce the release of version '1.5.1' of
AMPC (Axiomatic Multi-Platform C) C to Java class files compiler
suite. It is Write Once Run Anywhere (WORA) with C.

"Platform independence with C. Integrate C and Java."

Detailed info can be found at:
http://www.axiomsol.com

The changes in this release are as follows:
Improved the loop optimizer (loop invariants). Also, added many
more SWT APIs.

Project description:
Axiomatic Multi-Platform C (AMPC) is a C to Java class file compiler
suite for the development of platform independent applications.
AMPC can also be used to integrate C and Java programs since AMPC's
C functions can directly call numerous Java methods and vice versa.
AMPC supports a very large subset of ANSI C (1989). It can be used
to develop new applications using C as well as port existing
applications written in C to run on JVM enabled devices. A JNI
(JVM Native Interface) feature is available for calling native C
or C++ functions. The asm() directive can be used to embed Jasmin
assembly code within C source code. Support for the SWT
(Standard Widget Toolkit) based graphics API is available.
J2ME CDC 1.1 for mobile devices is also supported.

Tom St Denis

napi said:
C to Java Class Files
-------------------------------

We are pleased to announce the release of version '1.5.1' of
AMPC (Axiomatic Multi-Platform C) C to Java class files compiler
suite. It is Write Once Run Anywhere (WORA) with C.

"Platform independence with C. Integrate C and Java."

Detailed info can be found at:
http://www.axioSPAM.com

Off topic retarded spammer.

Write once run anywhere? ya it's called PORTABLE C.

Or, it's called build your C code against a machine which you then
write a VM for. Java isn't the only lang with VMs.

Tom

Chris McDonald

napi said:
C to Java Class Files

We are pleased to announce the release of version '1.5.1' of
AMPC (Axiomatic Multi-Platform C) C to Java class files compiler
suite. It is Write Once Run Anywhere (WORA) with C.
AMPC can also be used to integrate C and Java programs since AMPC's
C functions can directly call numerous Java methods and vice versa.
AMPC supports a very large subset of ANSI C (1989). It can be used

Do you know if you'll be developing a version of this for ISO-C99,
rather than ANSI-C?

(what ever happened to Write Once Debug Everywhere?)

Chris McDonald

ANSI-C is C99. It used to be C95. Before that C90.

Thanks, yes, maybe, but their website clearly states:

"AMPC covers a very large subset of ANSI C (1989)"

hence my question.

Keith Thompson

CBFalconer said:
ANSI-C is C99. It used to be C95. Before that C90.

Agreed, that's strictly correct. But (too) many people haven't broken
the habit of the late 1980s of referring to the language defined by
the 1989 ANSI standard as "ANSI C".

If you want to refer to a specific version of the standard, it's
always safest to mention the year explicitly.

napi

Chris said:
Do you know if you'll be developing a version of this for ISO-C99,
rather than ANSI-C?

Chris:

We don't have plans to support ISO-C99 at the moment. So far we
support ANSI C (1989), and all the standard C (1989) library functions
are implemented except for
signal(), raise(), setjmp(), and longjmp().

Napi