C to Java Class Files compiler (AMPC version 1.5.1 released)

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by napi, Sep 21, 2006.

  1. napi

    napi Guest

    C to Java Class Files
    -------------------------------

    We are pleased to announce the release of version '1.5.1' of
    AMPC (Axiomatic Multi-Platform C) C to Java class files compiler
    suite. It is Write Once Run Anywhere (WORA) with C.

    "Platform independence with C. Integrate C and Java."

    Detailed info can be found at:
    http://www.axiomsol.com

    The changes in this release are as follows:
    Improved the loop optimizer (loop invariants). Also, added many
    more SWT APIs.

    Project description:
    Axiomatic Multi-Platform C (AMPC) is a C to Java class file compiler
    suite for the development of platform independent applications.
    AMPC can also be used to integrate C and Java programs since AMPC's
    C functions can directly call numerous Java methods and vice versa.
    AMPC supports a very large subset of ANSI C (1989). It can be used
    to develop new applications using C as well as port existing
    applications written in C to run on JVM enabled devices. A JNI
    (JVM Native Interface) feature is available for calling native C
    or C++ functions. The asm() directive can be used to embed Jasmin
    assembly code within C source code. Support for the SWT
    (Standard Widget Toolkit) based graphics API is available.
    J2ME CDC 1.1 for mobile devices is also supported.
    napi, Sep 21, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. napi

    Tom St Denis Guest

    napi wrote:
    > C to Java Class Files
    > -------------------------------
    >
    > We are pleased to announce the release of version '1.5.1' of
    > AMPC (Axiomatic Multi-Platform C) C to Java class files compiler
    > suite. It is Write Once Run Anywhere (WORA) with C.
    >
    > "Platform independence with C. Integrate C and Java."
    >
    > Detailed info can be found at:
    > http://www.axioSPAM.com


    Off topic retarded spammer.

    Write once run anywhere? ya it's called PORTABLE C.

    Or, it's called build your C code against a machine which you then
    write a VM for. Java isn't the only lang with VMs.

    Tom
    Tom St Denis, Sep 21, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. "napi" <> writes:

    >C to Java Class Files
    >
    >We are pleased to announce the release of version '1.5.1' of
    >AMPC (Axiomatic Multi-Platform C) C to Java class files compiler
    >suite. It is Write Once Run Anywhere (WORA) with C.
    >.......
    >AMPC can also be used to integrate C and Java programs since AMPC's
    >C functions can directly call numerous Java methods and vice versa.
    >AMPC supports a very large subset of ANSI C (1989). It can be used



    Do you know if you'll be developing a version of this for ISO-C99,
    rather than ANSI-C?


    (what ever happened to Write Once Debug Everywhere?)

    --
    Chris.
    Chris McDonald, Sep 22, 2006
    #3
  4. CBFalconer <> writes:

    >Chris McDonald wrote:
    >>
    >> Do you know if you'll be developing a version of this for ISO-C99,
    >> rather than ANSI-C?


    >ANSI-C is C99. It used to be C95. Before that C90.



    Thanks, yes, maybe, but their website clearly states:

    "AMPC covers a very large subset of ANSI C (1989)"

    hence my question.

    --
    Chris.
    Chris McDonald, Sep 22, 2006
    #4
  5. napi

    CBFalconer Guest

    CBFalconer, Sep 23, 2006
    #5
  6. CBFalconer <> writes:
    > Chris McDonald wrote:
    >>

    > ... snip ...
    >>
    >> Do you know if you'll be developing a version of this for ISO-C99,
    >> rather than ANSI-C?

    >
    > ANSI-C is C99. It used to be C95. Before that C90.


    Agreed, that's strictly correct. But (too) many people haven't broken
    the habit of the late 1980s of referring to the language defined by
    the 1989 ANSI standard as "ANSI C".

    If you want to refer to a specific version of the standard, it's
    always safest to mention the year explicitly.

    --
    Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
    San Diego Supercomputer Center <*> <http://users.sdsc.edu/~kst>
    We must do something. This is something. Therefore, we must do this.
    Keith Thompson, Sep 23, 2006
    #6
  7. napi

    napi Guest

    Chris McDonald wrote:
    > "napi" <> writes:
    >
    > >C to Java Class Files
    > >
    > >We are pleased to announce the release of version '1.5.1' of
    > >AMPC (Axiomatic Multi-Platform C) C to Java class files compiler
    > >suite. It is Write Once Run Anywhere (WORA) with C.
    > >.......
    > >AMPC can also be used to integrate C and Java programs since AMPC's
    > >C functions can directly call numerous Java methods and vice versa.
    > >AMPC supports a very large subset of ANSI C (1989). It can be used

    >
    >
    > Do you know if you'll be developing a version of this for ISO-C99,
    > rather than ANSI-C?


    Chris:

    We don't have plans to support ISO-C99 at the moment. So far we
    support ANSI C (1989), and all the standard C (1989) library functions
    are implemented except for
    signal(), raise(), setjmp(), and longjmp().

    Napi
    napi, Sep 24, 2006
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. napi
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    468
  2. napi
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    283
  3. napi

    AMPC: C to Java Class Files compiler

    napi, Sep 8, 2006, in forum: C Programming
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    266
  4. napi
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    339
  5. napi
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    295
Loading...

Share This Page