    are the best and less hasslesome?

    Thanks
    Rooban

    rooban, Jul 3, 2004

  2. rooban wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > where can I obtain good quality C++ to Java source code
    > translator/convertor? I know there are few available but which ones
    > are the best and less hasslesome?

    I'm pretty sure all of them will be much of a hassle. Many C++ concepts
    don't translate cleanly (or at all) to Java.

    And what should the translator do with calls to nonstandard C++ libraries?

    Even if you do get a sizeable portion of the code translated, it is doubtful
    that it will look aything like idiomatic Java you'd have written yourself.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Christophe Vanfleteren

    Christophe Vanfleteren, Jul 3, 2004

  3. rooban

    Ike Guest

    I've had pretty good success with C2J. However, I think Chris is right, at
    least based on my experience; After I get things translated, I still end up
    writing what seems like a lot of new code!

    -Ike

    Ike, Jul 3, 2004
  4. rooban

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 3 Jul 2004 03:32:25 -0700, (rooban) wrote or
    quoted :

    >where can I obtain good quality C++ to Java source code
    >translator/convertor? I know there are few available but which ones
    >are the best and less hasslesome?

    If you want one, chances are you don't understand why it is not as
    useful as the many other sorts of compiler. See
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/compiler.html#CPP

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Jul 3, 2004