C to Pro COBOL Problem - Bytes Shifted by 4

Kalpesh Parikh

We have 'C' routine calls Pro COBOL routine...... Data passed back to
the C program is shifted by 4 bytes. We are trying to understand and
fix this.

p.s. COBOL to COBOL is working fine!

Any pointers you all can provide would be appreciated.

Thank You.

Kalpesh

Sidney Cadot

Kalpesh said:
We have 'C' routine calls Pro COBOL routine...... Data passed back to
the C program is shifted by 4 bytes. We are trying to understand and
fix this.
Ok.

p.s. COBOL to COBOL is working fine!
Great!

Any pointers you all can provide would be appreciated.
NULL

Thank You.

You're welcome.

Kalpesh,

Put yourself in the position of someone reading your message, just for a
second. Can you understand that first, your question has next to nothing
to do with the C language per se, and second, you provide so little
information that the reader would have to be psychic to understand your
problem and/or provide useful feedback?

Best regards,

Sidney

Christopher Benson-Manica

E. Robert Tisdale

Kalpesh said:
We have 'C' routine calls Pro COBOL routine......
Data passed back to the C program is shifted by 4 bytes.
We are trying to understand and fix this.

p.s. COBOL to COBOL is working fine!

Of course it is.
Any pointers you all can provide would be appreciated.

We are *very* smart but *not* clairvoyant.

Show us your declaration of the COBOL subroutine in the C program.
Show us how you invoke the COBOL subroutine in the C program.
Show us the declarations/definitions of *all* of the actual arguments
that you pass to the COBOL subroutine.

CBFalconer

E. Robert Tisdale said:
Of course it is.

We are *very* smart but *not* clairvoyant.

Show us your declaration of the COBOL subroutine in the C program.
Show us how you invoke the COBOL subroutine in the C program.
Show us the declarations/definitions of *all* of the actual arguments
that you pass to the COBOL subroutine.

No, don't show us any of that. Some of us are not so smart and
encourage off-topic postings, while giving other faulty advice and
trolling. Find a newsgroup that deals with your specific system
instead.