C tutorials geared towards maintaining existing code

David Delony

I'm interested in contributing to open source projects, most of which
are written in C. All of the tutorials I've found emphasize writing
programs from scratch. I'm interested in both on-and-offline
newbie-friendly tutorials that show how to maintain existing code.

Roland Pibinger

I'm interested in contributing to open source projects, most of which
are written in C. All of the tutorials I've found emphasize writing
programs from scratch. I'm interested in both on-and-offline
newbie-friendly tutorials that show how to maintain existing code.

(it depends on what you mean by 'newbie-friendly')

Diomidis Spinellis: "Code Reading: The Open Source Perspective"
http://www.spinellis.gr/codereading/

Examples are predominantly in C (some in Java, C++, ...)