C++/ UNIX/ CONTRACT/ IMMEDIATE

Tom Gugger

OMNI GROUP

(e-mail address removed)

419-380-8853

C++/ UNIX---CONTRACT---IN

Location: Greater Fort Wayne, IN Greater Indianapolis, IN

Start Date: Jan. 5, 2004 Duration: 6 months FW 18 months Indy

Rate: $45hr 1099 Contractor pays his own expenses.

Need: 10 contractors

This is a conversion where the back end applications will be done

In C++/Unix. We need six contractors, and it is a plus if they also

Have Visual C++ for the front end. There may be an occasional use

Of C. We are searching for people with traditional business application

Experience.

If interested and qualified, answer the five questions below and email

Those answers to (e-mail address removed) WITH a resume.

Email answers WITH a resume to (e-mail address removed)

1.. C++ experience--------------------------yrs
2.. UNIX exp---------------------------------yrs
3.. Visual C++ exp--------------------------yrs
4.. Java----------------------------------------yrs
5.. Active X--------------------------------------------yrs

Tom Plunket

Victor said:
Tom Gugger said:
OMNI GROUP
[...]

Please go to misc.jobs.offered with these. Here they are OFF-TOPIC.

I will never cease to be amazed by people responding to spam,
especially the spam that even my news provider knows to be spam
and therefore deletes before I see it. All that remains are the
"hey man, you're off-topic," as if the OP even reads this
newsgroup...

-tom!

E. Robert Tisdale

Tom said:
Victor said:
Tom said:

Please go to misc.jobs.offered with these. Here they are OFF-TOPIC.

I will never cease to be amazed by people responding to spam,
especially the spam that even my news provider knows to be spam
and therefore deletes before I see it.
All that remains are the "hey man, you're off-topic,"
as if the OP even reads this newsgroup...

I think that Victor's response was appropriate.
He expressed his opinion that the original post was off topic.
(I happen to agree.)
He also attempted to re-direct Tom Gugger to a more appropriate forum
which I believe is also correct.
I think that Victor was trying to be both polite and helpful.

Personally, I don't think that I would like
having my news provider censor usenet newsgroups for me.

All that being said, I agree with you. The comp.lang.c++ newsgroup
has far too many self-appointed off-topic cops.
It would be much better is they simply ignored off-topic articles
including spam.

Victor Bazarov

Tom Plunket said:
Victor said:
Tom Gugger said:
OMNI GROUP
[...]

Please go to misc.jobs.offered with these. Here they are OFF-TOPIC.

I will never cease to be amazed by people responding to spam,
especially the spam that even my news provider knows to be spam
and therefore deletes before I see it. All that remains are the
"hey man, you're off-topic," as if the OP even reads this
newsgroup...

I will never cease to be amazed by people responding to responses
to spam, especially ...

Care to continue?