    the c program for treatement. I'm not quite sure if tcl/tk is the best
    choise. Anyone knows how to do this without much pain?

    Thank You
    qazinor, Mar 7, 2006

  2. qazinor

    Nelu Guest

    qazinor wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a C little program wich takes some text as input and process it.
    > I would like to make a friendly user interface. I thought i could do it
    > with tcl/tk, but it turns out that it is not as easy as it
    > looks(or...). I just need to take the user input(text) and send it over
    > the c program for treatement. I'm not quite sure if tcl/tk is the best
    > choise. Anyone knows how to do this without much pain?

    This is off-topic here.

    <OT>
    Depends on your OS. You may want to take a look at gtk (www.gtk.org),
    it's cross platform and LGPL.
    </OT>

    --
    Ioan - Ciprian Tandau
    (... and that it still works...)
    Nelu, Mar 7, 2006

  3. qazinor

    SM Ryan Guest

    "qazinor" <> wrote:
    # Hello,
    #
    # I have a C little program wich takes some text as input and process it.
    # I would like to make a friendly user interface. I thought i could do it
    # with tcl/tk, but it turns out that it is not as easy as it
    # looks(or...). I just need to take the user input(text) and send it over
    # the c program for treatement. I'm not quite sure if tcl/tk is the best
    # choise. Anyone knows how to do this without much pain?

    You'll get a more civil response in comp.lang.tcl. However what
    you're asking is unclear. You can exec any program, passing a
    string as command line argument or as stdin, and capture the
    stdout or stderr. If you're to make a Tk GUI which communicates
    with various programs to do computations, other people in the
    Tcl community have experience doing this, communicating with
    exec, bidirectional pipes, sockets, etc.

    --
    SM Ryan http://www.rawbw.com/~wyrmwif/
    I ASSURE YOU WE'RE OPEN!
    SM Ryan, Mar 8, 2006