C++, VBS, or Batch for text file creation / modification

GoCoogs

Hello all. I'm trying to compile a text file from two different
existing text files and input from the user.

For example:
text1.txt says "It was the best of times it was the worst of times."
text2.txt says "To be or not to be that is the question."

When the program is run, a prompt would ask the user to write a
sentence.

The program would then create a new file named text3.txt that would
create a text file that would read:

It was the best of times it was the worst of times.
Now is the winter of our discontent <or whatever the user enters at a
prompt>
To be or not to be that is the question.

I'm trying to decide the best vehicle to use to write this program. It
doesn't matter to me if its run in a GUI environment or from the
console. I'm rusty with my file manipulations in C++, which is the
language I'm most familar with. Neither batch nor vbscript look overly
difficult to pick up and I would like to use either of them if they
lend themselves better to the task at hand.

What do all of you think?

Thanks a lot for the advice

Cy Edmunds

GoCoogs said:
[...]

Python: http://www.python.org

There, I've done my good deed for the day. :)

Karl Heinz Buchegger

GoCoogs said:
What do all of you think?

A fairly simple assignment on basic file and input handling.
Should be easy to figure out with some backup reference
literature. Especially if you already have programmed C++.