    application. Does anyone know of an SDK out there that would be
    helpful? Any ideas? Thank you.

    -M
    blanko, Jan 10, 2008

  2. blanko

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 17:21:55 -0800 (PST), blanko <>
    wrote in comp.lang.c:

    > I'd like to add some video conferencing capabilities to my
    > application. Does anyone know of an SDK out there that would be
    > helpful? Any ideas? Thank you.

    What exactly was your question about the C *** language ***???

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com
    Jack Klein, Jan 10, 2008

  3. On 10 Jan 2008 at 1:21, blanko wrote:
    > I'd like to add some video conferencing capabilities to my
    > application. Does anyone know of an SDK out there that would be
    > helpful? Any ideas? Thank you.

    You've made the common mistake of thinking that this group might be a
    place where real-life C developers can discuss real-world C.

    Unfortunately, this is not the case: only purely academic questions of
    interest only to language lawyers are acceptable to (the most vocal part
    of) this group.

    I see you've already started getting "Welcome to clc - now go away and
    rot" messages from the "regulars". That's completely par for the course
    - nothing to do with you.

    Kenny McCormack has compiled some

    --
    Useful clc-related links:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergers
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clique
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_programming_language
    Antoninus Twink, Jan 10, 2008
  4. blanko

    Guest

    On Jan 10, 11:13 am, Antoninus Twink <> wrote:
    > On 10 Jan 2008 at 1:21, blanko wrote:
    >
    > > I'd like to add some video conferencing capabilities to my
    > > application. Does anyone know of an SDK out there that would be
    > > helpful? Any ideas? Thank you.

    > You've made the common mistake of thinking that this group might be a
    > place where real-life C developers can discuss real-world C.

    <OT post, ignore if you must>
    I think i understand where you're coming from, however this is c.l.c
    after all, what do you expect other than ISO C?
    Do you want to discuss POSIX/UNIX programming? Try
    Or perhaps windows programming <news:comp.os.ms-
    windows.programmer.win32> or some similar newsgroup.
    You also seem to believe ISO C (or this newsgroup) is not about
    realistic C, however I disagree and I will raise some valid points to
    justify my argument.
    Most -- if not all algorithms and data structures should be
    implemented in standard C.
    Isolating the implementation like that and watching for any and every
    undefined behavior ensures our implementation will not have bugs.
    We are not doing this to have our program run on a deathstar9000; we
    do this to be *sure* our program will not do something it was not
    intended for.
    However, as you might notice, algorithms alone cannot do much; We
    would have to use some system specific facilities to have our program
    actually "do" something.
    By doing so, our guarantee for portability is lost, we however could
    aim the most popular systems such as mac,win,unix.
    Your program is considered very 'portable' if it's a music player for
    these systems. (example)
    Since we have our algorithms implemented and guaranteed not to break
    (unless the system specific standard breaks ISO C -- which sometimes
    happends) we can concentrate on the system specific part of our
    program.
    With proper abstraction, adding more systems to our list of working
    systems should be eas(y/ier).
    That's why clc exists and is so 'pedant' or 'academic'; that's why
    comp.unix.programmer exists, ditto for algorithm/other systems
    newsgroups, and that's why OT posters are directed to the appropriate
    group. (okay -- and sometimes flamed a bit :)
    > I see you've already started getting "Welcome to clc - now go away and
    > rot" messages from the "regulars". That's completely par for the course
    > - nothing to do with you.

    Sometimes a rude post or two might be posted on usenet;
    Words are just words and it's up to us to interpret them as we want.
    , Jan 10, 2008