C++ Workshop

CoreyWhite

Hi, all of my C++ books arived, and my favorites are O'Reilly's C++
Cookbook & Mastering Algorithms with C. Both books contain a wealth
of algorithms and programs that teach practical examples of some
really cool things you can do with C and C++.

I'm going to work through the books every day to take the example code
and improve upon it with my own object oriented design. I have a
number of other good books that all teach the foundations and basics
of the language, and will be using them as well. If you want to work
with me and learn the language then you should get some basic C++
books as well as the two books I am working from. You need to learn
the basics of object oriented programming and the STL.

Let me know if any of you are interested. I'm not taking any classes
right now so I am doing this just so I can work in a group.

boson boss

Hi, all of my C++ books arived, and my favorites are O'Reilly's C++
Cookbook & Mastering Algorithms with C. Both books contain a wealth
of algorithms and programs that teach practical examples of some
really cool things you can do with C and C++.

I'm going to work through the books every day to take the example code
and improve upon it with my own object oriented design. I have a
number of other good books that all teach the foundations and basics
of the language, and will be using them as well. If you want to work
with me and learn the language then you should get some basic C++
books as well as the two books I am working from. You need to learn
the basics of object oriented programming and the STL.

Let me know if any of you are interested. I'm not taking any classes
right now so I am doing this just so I can work in a group.

I'm looking forward to your book recommendations. Are you thinking of
GNU G++?? I think it is best standard looking for a little bit more
*enviroment*. Also do you use boost libraries?