    the basics of object oriented programming and the STL.

    Let me know if any of you are interested. I'm not taking any classes
    right now so I am doing this just so I can work in a group.
    CoreyWhite, Apr 5, 2007

  2. CoreyWhite

    Aries Sun Guest

    They are really good books!
    Aries Sun, Apr 5, 2007

  3. CoreyWhite

    boson boss Guest

    On Apr 5, 6:46 pm, "CoreyWhite" <> wrote:
    > Hi, all of my C++ books arived, and my favorites are O'Reilly's C++
    > Cookbook & Mastering Algorithms with C. Both books contain a wealth
    > of algorithms and programs that teach practical examples of some
    > really cool things you can do with C and C++.
    >
    > I'm going to work through the books every day to take the example code
    > and improve upon it with my own object oriented design. I have a
    > number of other good books that all teach the foundations and basics
    > of the language, and will be using them as well. If you want to work
    > with me and learn the language then you should get some basic C++
    > books as well as the two books I am working from. You need to learn
    > the basics of object oriented programming and the STL.
    >
    > Let me know if any of you are interested. I'm not taking any classes
    > right now so I am doing this just so I can work in a group.

    I'm looking forward to your book recommendations. Are you thinking of
    GNU G++?? I think it is best standard looking for a little bit more
    *enviroment*. Also do you use boost libraries?
    boson boss, Apr 6, 2007
  4. CoreyWhite

    boson boss Guest

    On Apr 6, 3:43 pm, "boson boss" <> wrote:
    > On Apr 5, 6:46 pm, "CoreyWhite" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi, all of my C++ books arived, and my favorites are O'Reilly's C++
    > > Cookbook & Mastering Algorithms with C. Both books contain a wealth
    > > of algorithms and programs that teach practical examples of some
    > > really cool things you can do with C and C++.

    > > I'm going to work through the books every day to take the example code
    > > and improve upon it with my own object oriented design. I have a
    > > number of other good books that all teach the foundations and basics
    > > of the language, and will be using them as well. If you want to work
    > > with me and learn the language then you should get some basic C++
    > > books as well as the two books I am working from. You need to learn
    > > the basics of object oriented programming and the STL.

    > > Let me know if any of you are interested. I'm not taking any classes
    > > right now so I am doing this just so I can work in a group.

    > I'm looking forward to your book recommendations. Are you thinking of
    > GNU G++?? I think it is best standard looking for a little bit more
    > *enviroment*. Also do you use boost libraries?

    books:
    http://www.artima.com/cppsource/top_cpp_booksP.html
    boson boss, Apr 6, 2007
  5. CoreyWhite

    boson boss Guest

    On Apr 6, 3:58 pm, "boson boss" <> wrote:
    > On Apr 6, 3:43 pm, "boson boss" <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Apr 5, 6:46 pm, "CoreyWhite" <> wrote:

    > > > Hi, all of my C++ books arived, and my favorites are O'Reilly's C++
    > > > Cookbook & Mastering Algorithms with C. Both books contain a wealth
    > > > of algorithms and programs that teach practical examples of some
    > > > really cool things you can do with C and C++.

    > > > I'm going to work through the books every day to take the example code
    > > > and improve upon it with my own object oriented design. I have a
    > > > number of other good books that all teach the foundations and basics
    > > > of the language, and will be using them as well. If you want to work
    > > > with me and learn the language then you should get some basic C++
    > > > books as well as the two books I am working from. You need to learn
    > > > the basics of object oriented programming and the STL.

    > > > Let me know if any of you are interested. I'm not taking any classes
    > > > right now so I am doing this just so I can work in a group.

    > > I'm looking forward to your book recommendations. Are you thinking of
    > > GNU G++?? I think it is best standard looking for a little bit more
    > > *enviroment*. Also do you use boost libraries?

    > books:http://www.artima.com/cppsource/top_cpp_booksP.html

    lectures:
    http://www.wlap.org/cern/lectures/tech/c/
    boson boss, Apr 6, 2007