    on it?

    Thanks in advance
    Rui Maciel

    Rui Maciel, Feb 19, 2007

  2. * Rui Maciel wrote in comp.text.xml:
    >I'm looking for a XML parser written in C that is compliant with DOM
    >level 1 specifications. Is there one? If so, where can I get my hands
    >on it?

    There is no official language binding of the DOM for C, so I am not sure
    what a "compliant" XML toolkit would be. There are, however, a number of
    toolkits that support DOM-like access to XML documents for C programs,
    for example, libxml2, and gdome2.

    Bjoern Hoehrmann, Feb 19, 2007

  3. Rui Maciel

    Rui Maciel Guest

    On Feb 19, 12:04 pm, Bjoern Hoehrmann <> wrote:

    > There is no official language binding of the DOM for C, so I am not sure
    > what a "compliant" XML toolkit would be. There are, however, a number of
    > toolkits that support DOM-like access to XML documents for C programs,
    > for example, libxml2, and gdome2.

    I am trying to write a parser for another markup language. To make
    interoperability between XML and that markup language (and possibly
    others) easier I believe that the best way to do things is to parse
    the document into a common data structure. So in order to achieve that
    I am looking for is a XML parser written in C which implements a DOM
    tree datastructure that supports the requirements defined in the W3C's
    DOM level 1 specifications.

    I'm looking into libxml2. Looks interesting. Are there more libraries
    like these?

    Thanks for the help
    Rui Maciel

    Rui Maciel, Feb 19, 2007