    David

    2)store the salaries (differentt) for each month of the year in an
    array and output the average salary for a month.
    Teacher, Nov 10, 2005

  2. * Teacher:
    > i need a c++ code for these different tasks (Separately ):
    > 1) a program to input both the forename and surname of a person and
    > output the name in reverse, i.e: David John will be displayed as John
    > David
    >
    > 2)store the salaries (differentt) for each month of the year in an
    > array and output the average salary for a month.

    Both your questions are fully discussed in FAQ item 5.3.

    Google for "C++ FAQ", then pick the C++ FAQ Lite by Marshall Cline, this
    group's official FAQ.

    Hth.,

    - Alf

    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
    Alf P. Steinbach, Nov 10, 2005

  3. Teacher

    Teacher Guest

    hi, how do i get to FAQ item 5.3.? is there a link..thanks
    Teacher, Nov 10, 2005
  4. Teacher

    Teacher Guest

    oh...lol i have read FAQ 5.3, its not a home work! me and my mates are
    not intrested in C++ codes and we use it for other purposes so we do
    not want to waste time on learning the whole coding! lol, so i would
    really be happy if you help me getting the code
    Teacher, Nov 10, 2005
  5. Teacher

    Teacher Guest

    are you going to look into this? thanks
    Teacher, Nov 10, 2005
  6. How much are you willing to pay to have a programmer write this for you?

    Dennis Willson, Nov 10, 2005
  7. Teacher

    Mike Wahler Guest

    "Teacher" <> wrote in message
    > oh...lol i have read FAQ 5.3, its not a home work! me and my mates are
    > not intrested in C++ codes

    So why are you asking for C++ code?

    > and we use it for other purposes so we do
    > not want to waste time on learning the whole coding!

    Ah, so you're lazy and want others to do your
    work for you. Good luck with that.

    >lol, so i would
    > really be happy if you help me getting the code

    So you want a ready-made solution handed to you.
    That's not what this newsgroup is for.

    I suggest you post your solicitation to a
    'help wanted' group or some such. Be prepared
    to provide compensation for whatever you're
    asking for.

    Also note that for purposes of the simple
    applications you describe, there's no particular
    reason to choose C++ as the language to use.
    Other, simpler languages would be more appropriate.

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Nov 10, 2005
  8. Teacher

    Guest

    Teacher wrote:
    > are you going to look into this? thanks

    Why yes of course! Let me drop everything I'm doing right now and tend
    to your problem right away!

    Let's see, here's what I can come up with to help you out:

    You should...
    .... review FAQ entry 5.2 (what Alf probably meant)
    .... review FAQ entry 5.7
    .... read the whole FAQ while you're at it
    .... learn how to quote text you're referring to in Google's goup app
    .... learn how to ask a coherent question
    .... learn how to use the Caps or Shift key on your keyboard
    .... learn how to sign your name

    Come back when you're done :D.

    Cheers,
    Andre
    , Nov 10, 2005
  9. Teacher

    Default User Guest

    Teacher wrote:

    > oh...lol i have read FAQ 5.3, its not a home work! me and my mates are
    > not intrested in C++ codes and we use it for other purposes so we do
    > not want to waste time on learning the whole coding! lol, so i would
    > really be happy if you help me getting the code

    Do you really expect us to believe you want code to do that? For what
    purpose?

    Brian

    header.
    Default User, Nov 10, 2005
  10. Teacher

    Mike Wahler Guest

    Re: [OT] C++

    "Teacher" <> wrote in message
    > are you going to look into this?

    Are you? Did you not read my reply?

    How much are you offering for my services?

    (If you seriously want to do business, send
    me an email, this group is not appropriate
    for such things).

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Nov 10, 2005
  11. Teacher

    Mike Wahler Guest

    "Teacher" <> wrote in message
    >i need a c++ code for these different tasks (Separately ):
    > 1) a program to input both the forename and surname of a person and
    > output the name in reverse, i.e: David John will be displayed as John
    > David
    >
    > 2)store the salaries (differentt) for each month of the year in an
    > array and output the average salary for a month.

    No, you don't need any custom code for that. Any
    spreadsheet program (e.g. Microsoft Excel) can
    do those jobs quickly and easily.

    Unless of course this *is* school work.

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Nov 10, 2005
  12. Teacher

    Mark P Guest

    Teacher wrote:
    > are you going to look into this? thanks

    Teacher,

    Hey, I'm really sorry I've been so slow in getting to this. I've always
    prided myself on not making excuses and I don't want to start now, but
    it's been a really trying week.

    My cat was clawing at my keyboard and popped off the 'I', 'F', and 'E'
    keys and so far we've been unable to find them. Not only has this made
    coding difficult (particularly conditionals, as you might well imagine)
    but we're concerned she may have swallowed one or more of the keys (her
    previous owner says she's always had a taste for vowels) and the worry
    is really impacting my ability to concentrate on your project.

    To follow up on my prior correspondences, my pet hamster's leprosy shows
    no signs of improving, and on a separate but no less serious note, after
    four days my wife has still not managed to unstick her arm from the
    sewer pipe at the side of our house.

    I really appreciate your understanding in this time of personal difficulty.

    Mark
    Mark P, Nov 10, 2005
  13. Teacher

    Jaspreet Guest

    Mark P wrote:
    > Teacher wrote:
    > > are you going to look into this? thanks
    > >

    > Teacher,
    >
    > Hey, I'm really sorry I've been so slow in getting to this. I've always
    > prided myself on not making excuses and I don't want to start now, but
    > it's been a really trying week.
    >
    > My cat was clawing at my keyboard and popped off the 'I', 'F', and 'E'
    > keys and so far we've been unable to find them. Not only has this made
    > coding difficult (particularly conditionals, as you might well imagine)
    > but we're concerned she may have swallowed one or more of the keys (her
    > previous owner says she's always had a taste for vowels) and the worry
    > is really impacting my ability to concentrate on your project.

    So, did you cat leave the mouse behind for another round of Tom and
    Jerry Series ? :)

    [snip]
    Jaspreet, Nov 10, 2005
  14. Teacher

    ben Guest

    > No, you don't need any custom code for that. Any
    > spreadsheet program (e.g. Microsoft Excel) can
    > do those jobs quickly and easily.

    Even more easily to be done manually.

    > Unless of course this *is* school work.

    Agree.

    > -Mike

    Ben
    ben, Nov 10, 2005
  15. Teacher

    ravips Guest

    Teacher wrote:
    > i need a c++ code for these different tasks (Separately ):
    > 1) a program to input both the forename and surname of a person and
    > output the name in reverse, i.e: David John will be displayed as John
    > David

    ah, very easy, just two steps:
    read David John
    print John David

    > 2)store the salaries (differentt) for each month of the year in an
    > array and output the average salary for a month.

    simpler than the above one, print Average(salary)
    ravips, Nov 10, 2005
  16. Teacher

    osmium Guest

    "ravips" writes:

    > Teacher wrote:

    >> i need a c++ code for these different tasks (Separately ):
    >> 1) a program to input both the forename and surname of a person and
    >> output the name in reverse, i.e: David John will be displayed as John
    >> David
    >>

    > ah, very easy, just two steps:
    > read David John
    > print John David

    Teacher made a common mistake in translating from Latin. He said i.e. when
    he actually meant e.g. So your solution does not work.
    osmium, Nov 10, 2005
  17. Teacher

    John Ratliff Guest

    osmium wrote:
    > "ravips" writes:
    >

    >>Teacher wrote:

    >>>i need a c++ code for these different tasks (Separately ):
    >>>1) a program to input both the forename and surname of a person and
    >>>output the name in reverse, i.e: David John will be displayed as John
    >>>David
    >>>

    >>ah, very easy, just two steps:
    >>read David John
    >>print John David

    > Teacher made a common mistake in translating from Latin. He said i.e. when
    > he actually meant e.g. So your solution does not work.

    ???

    I don't get your meaning here. i.e. means "that is", and e.g. means "for
    example". The colon looks a little bad here, but that doesn't seem to
    invalidate the solution.

    Of course I've never taken Latin. I take my definitions from
    Merriam-Webster.

    --John Ratliff
    John Ratliff, Nov 11, 2005
  18. Teacher

    rossum Guest

    On 9 Nov 2005 16:19:07 -0800, "Teacher" <> wrote:

    >i need a c++ code for these different tasks (Separately ):
    >1) a program to input both the forename and surname of a person and
    >output the name in reverse, i.e: David John will be displayed as John
    >David

    What about names like Mary Jane Doe? Do you want Doe Mary Jane or Doe
    Jane Mary?

    >2)store the salaries (differentt) for each month of the year in an
    >array and output the average salary for a month.

    If you have read other threads in c.l.c++ you should have noticed that
    questions like this get a much more useful response if they include a
    copy of the code that you have developed. Look at DIAMOND SHAPE for
    an example.

    If you show willing by trying it yourself first then you will get a
    lot more help than if you want us to do all the work. Besides you
    don't say how much you are willing to pay; my rates go up to $300 per
    hour, depending on what you want me to do.

    It will be a lot cheaper for you if you write something yourself and
    show it here for us to see.

    rossum

    The ultimate truth is that there is no ultimate truth
    rossum, Nov 12, 2005