C11 reference book

Ralph Spitzner

Ioannis said:
Hi all,

Since C11 is finalised, does anyone know any upcoming C11 learn/reference book, like TCPL2 was for C90?

All I know is:
a) They discovered threads
b) " have some sort of a synchronization for a)
c) this is c.l.c

:p
-rasp

Jorgen Grahn

All I know is:
a) They discovered threads
b) " have some sort of a synchronization for a)
c) this is c.l.c

Why wouldn't C11 be ontopic here? Did you think he meant C++11?

/Jorgen

Jorgen Grahn

Jorgen Grahn ha scritto:

maybe he meant "go to comp.std.c".

Possibly, although I fail to see that c.s.c would be a better place to
ask the question.

I should add that my interpretation of "this is c.l.c" as "you are
offtopic" was just a guess.

/Jorgen

Quentin Pope

Possibly, although I fail to see that c.s.c would be a better place to
ask the question.

I should add that my interpretation of "this is c.l.c" as "you are
offtopic" was just a guess.

In my opinion, until there is a conforming C11 compiler available on some
platform, discussion of C11 is purely theoretical and belongs in
comp.std.c.

Having said that, by that standard, C99 is only barely topical in
comp.lang.c, just scraping in by the skin of its teeth.

C90 will be the only truly portable C standard for another generation.

James Kuyper

In my opinion, until there is a conforming C11 compiler available on some
platform, discussion of C11 is purely theoretical and belongs in
comp.std.c.

comp.std.c if for discussions about the C standard: what it says now,
what it said in previous versions, what it should say in future
versions, whether a given piece of code had defined behavior according
to that standard, whether a given compiler conforms to that standard,
etc. Discussions about the language defined by that standard are
off-topic in that group, except insofar as they also involve issues
about the standard itself. It seems like a subtle distinction, but it
really isn't; "Are compound literals allowed by the standard?", "Is it
feasible to implement compound literals?", and "Should compound literals
be removed from the standard?" are all on-topic. "How do I use compound
literals?" is off-topic there.

comp.lang.c.moderated is for discussions of the standard C language,
even purely theoretical aspects of it, such as how to use features of
C11 that no one has implemented yet. comp.lang.c is a group with no
particular charter, that is commonly used for that same purpose, but is
also heavily troll-infested. It's also, for some reason, used instead of
comp.compilers.lcc for announcements concerning lcc-win32. If and when
more people to move their discussions over to comp.lang.c.moderated
(don't hold your breath), we can finally abandon this newsgroup to the
trolls and the advertisers.