    --
    Best regards,
    acthom

    acthom, Jul 16, 2005

  2. acthom wrote:

    > Hi, all,
    > Is it possible to find C89 standard rationale or draft version
    > on the Internet?(NOT the C99 version). Any urls?
    > Thank you in advance.

    Check the reply I gave to your question in another group where you asked it.
    No doubt you only post in groups you read regularly, so you should have no
    trouble finding that reply.

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

    Richard Heathfield, Jul 16, 2005

  3. acthom

    Cong Wang Guest

    It is easy to find C89 on Internet.But where POSIX can be found?I know
    it is NOT free!

    Cong Wang, Jul 16, 2005
  4. "Cong Wang" <> wrote in message

    > It is easy to find C89 on Internet.But where POSIX can be found?I know
    > it is NOT free!

    Depends on what exactly you're looking for. There's Single Unix
    Specification available for free. It includes a lot of info on C/Unix/POSIX
    functions, shell commands, utilities, and other things.

    Alex

    Alexei A. Frounze, Jul 16, 2005
  5. acthom

    acthom Guest

    Richard Heathfield wrote:

    > acthom wrote:
    >
    >> Hi, all,
    >> Is it possible to find C89 standard rationale or draft version
    >> on the Internet?(NOT the C99 version). Any urls?
    >> Thank you in advance.

    > Check the reply I gave to your question in another group where you asked
    > it. No doubt you only post in groups you read regularly, so you should
    > have no trouble finding that reply.

    You have posted it on alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++? Your reply does not exist
    on my newsreader. Maybe there is a problem with my USENET service
    provider.

    P.S. Yeah! I found your reply on another server. Thank you.

    acthom, Jul 16, 2005
  6. On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 17:01:06 +0400, "Alexei A. Frounze"
    <> wrote:

    > "Cong Wang" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > > It is easy to find C89 on Internet.But where POSIX can be found?I know
    > > it is NOT free!

    > Depends on what exactly you're looking for. There's Single Unix
    > Specification available for free. It includes a lot of info on C/Unix/POSIX
    > functions, shell commands, utilities, and other things.

    Free-beer w/registration, download/online at www.unix.org/version3 .
    And SUSv3 (2001), POSIX-2001, and 9945:2003 were converged to
    identical contents by the "Austin group" process. Although I believe
    there have been delays in adoption of the TCs, leading to formal
    differences for some periods of time.

    - David.Thompson1 at worldnet.att.net

    Dave Thompson, Jul 25, 2005