C89 standard rationale or draft, where to download?

acthom

Hi, all,
Is it possible to find C89 standard rationale or draft version
on the Internet?(NOT the C99 version). Any urls?
Thank you in advance.

Richard Heathfield

acthom said:
Hi, all,
Is it possible to find C89 standard rationale or draft version
on the Internet?(NOT the C99 version). Any urls?
Thank you in advance.

Check the reply I gave to your question in another group where you asked it.
No doubt you only post in groups you read regularly, so you should have no
trouble finding that reply.

Cong Wang

It is easy to find C89 on Internet.But where POSIX can be found?I know
it is NOT free!

Alexei A. Frounze

Cong Wang said:
It is easy to find C89 on Internet.But where POSIX can be found?I know
it is NOT free!

Depends on what exactly you're looking for. There's Single Unix
Specification available for free. It includes a lot of info on C/Unix/POSIX
functions, shell commands, utilities, and other things.

Alex

acthom

Richard said:
Check the reply I gave to your question in another group where you asked
it. No doubt you only post in groups you read regularly, so you should
have no trouble finding that reply.

You have posted it on alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++? Your reply does not exist
on my newsreader. Maybe there is a problem with my USENET service
provider.

P.S. Yeah! I found your reply on another server. Thank you.

Dave Thompson

Depends on what exactly you're looking for. There's Single Unix
Specification available for free. It includes a lot of info on C/Unix/POSIX
functions, shell commands, utilities, and other things.
Free-beer w/registration, download/online at www.unix.org/version3 .
And SUSv3 (2001), POSIX-2001, and 9945:2003 were converged to
identical contents by the "Austin group" process. Although I believe
there have been delays in adoption of the TCs, leading to formal
differences for some periods of time.

- David.Thompson1 at worldnet.att.net