C90 pdf, available from ANSI

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by S.Tobias, Dec 21, 2005.

  1. S.Tobias

    S.Tobias Guest

    Since I haven't found any recent reference to it in csc or clc, I would
    like to bring Readers' attention to the apparent availability of C90
    Standard in electronic form from www.ansi.org. I haven't actually
    bought it, and I have rather assumed it's a PDF file (but too many things
    indicate it is).

    (I hope I'm not discovering something that's been obvious for a long
    time; somehow I never bumped into these things right down before.)


    Here are the details, pasted from ANSI site:

    # Document#: AS 3955-1991
    # Title: Programming languages - C (FOREIGN STANDARD)
    # Abstract: Specifies the form and establishes the interpretation
    # of programs written in the C programming language. This
    # Standard is identical with and has been reproduced from
    # ISO/IEC 9899:1990.
    # Normative References: No normative references available
    # File Size: 0.98 MB
    # Price: $103.10

    # Title: Programming languages; C; (ISO/IEC 9899:1990); English
    # version EN 29899:1993 (FOREIGN STANDARD)
    # Abstract: The document defines the programming language C in
    # order to facilitate portability of programs written in
    # C between data processing systems.
    # Normative References: No normative references available
    # File Size: 8.34 MB
    # Price: $183.00

    # Document#: DIN EN 29899/A1
    # Title: Programming languages - C - Amendment 1: C integrity
    # (ISO/IEC 9899:1990/AMD 1:1995); English version EN
    # 29899:1993/A1:1996 (FOREIGN STANDARD)
    # Abstract: This amendment A1 primarily consists of a set of library
    # functions which facilitate application programmers the
    # use of extended character sets. Additionally, it provides
    # alternate spellings for certain tokens.
    # Normative References: No normative references available
    # File Size: 3.13 MB
    # Price: $121.00

    --
    Stan Tobias
    mailx `echo LID | sed s/[[:upper:]]//g`
     
    S.Tobias, Dec 21, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. S.Tobias

    pete Guest

    S.Tobias wrote:

    > (I hope I'm not discovering something that's been obvious for a long
    > time; somehow I never bumped into these things right down before.)
    >
    > Here are the details, pasted from ANSI site:
    >
    > # Document#: AS 3955-1991
    > # Title: Programming languages - C (FOREIGN STANDARD)


    I've been calling it "Australian Rules C"

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c/search?group=comp.lang.c&q="australian rules C"

    .... because it starts like this:

    AS 3955—1991
    ISO/IEC 9899: 1990
    Australian Standard
    Programming languages—C

    --
    pete
     
    pete, Dec 21, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. S.Tobias

    Jordan Abel Guest

    On 2005-12-21, S.Tobias <> wrote:
    > # Document#: DIN EN 29899/A1
    > # Title: Programming languages - C - Amendment 1: C integrity
    > # (ISO/IEC 9899:1990/AMD 1:1995); English version EN
    > # 29899:1993/A1:1996 (FOREIGN STANDARD)
    > # Abstract: This amendment A1 primarily consists of a set of library
    > # functions which facilitate application programmers the
    > # use of extended character sets. Additionally, it provides
    > # alternate spellings for certain tokens.


    Alternate spellings? such as what? I don't think there are any alternate
    spellings in standard C. oh, wait... is this just c94 and iso646.h?
     
    Jordan Abel, Dec 21, 2005
    #3
  4. S.Tobias

    Antoine Leca Guest

    In news:, Jordan Abel va escriure:
    >> # Document#: DIN EN 29899/A1
    >> # Title: Programming languages - C - Amendment 1: C integrity
    >> # (ISO/IEC 9899:1990/AMD 1:1995); English version EN


    >> # Abstract: This amendment A1 primarily consists

    <...>
    > oh, wait... is this just c94 and iso646.h?


    It is not C94 as a whole, it is just the First Amendment, that is, the text
    added to C90 to form C94. It is also known as MSE.
    Yes, it includes (for the first time) the specifications of <iso646.h> to be
    %:include'd

    More or less 50 pages.


    Antoine
     
    Antoine Leca, Dec 22, 2005
    #4
  5. S.Tobias

    S.Tobias Guest

    Re: C90 pdf, available from ANSI [corr (Doc.#)]

    In comp.std.c S.Tobias <> wrote:

    Darn, forgot to write the number of the second document,
    so for the record, here are its details again:

    Document#: DIN EN 29899
    > # Title: Programming languages; C; (ISO/IEC 9899:1990); English
    > # version EN 29899:1993 (FOREIGN STANDARD)
    > # Abstract: The document defines the programming language C in
    > # order to facilitate portability of programs written in
    > # C between data processing systems.
    > # Normative References: No normative references available
    > # File Size: 8.34 MB
    > # Price: $183.00


    --
    Stan Tobias
    mailx `echo LID | sed s/[[:upper:]]//g`
     
    S.Tobias, Dec 22, 2005
    #5
  6. S.Tobias

    Netocrat Guest

    On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 14:58:55 +0000, pete wrote:
    > S.Tobias wrote:
    >
    >> (I hope I'm not discovering something that's been obvious for a long
    >> time; somehow I never bumped into these things right down before.)
    >>
    >> Here are the details, pasted from ANSI site:
    >>
    >> # Document#: AS 3955-1991
    >> # Title: Programming languages - C (FOREIGN STANDARD)

    >
    > I've been calling it "Australian Rules C"


    It's missing mention of marks and runners. That's OK though, union is
    just as Australian even if it was inherited (that'll have to be emulated,
    this isn't "Australian Rules C++" after all) - and our other inheritance
    has basic support in 5-count for loops.

    (if bemused, Google "Australian Rules")

    > ... because it starts like this:
    >
    > AS 3955—1991
    > ISO/IEC 9899: 1990
    > Australian Standard
    > Programming languages—C


    If you're going to buy the Aussie version anyway, you could also pay us a
    virtual visit:

    <http://www.standards.com.au/catalogue/script/Details.asp?DocN=stds000005269>

    or if you must have the ISO publication - hardcopy only:

    <http://www.standards.com.au/catalogue/script/Details.asp?DocN=isoc000512954>

    --
    http://members.dodo.com.au/~netocrat
     
    Netocrat, Dec 22, 2005
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Replies:
    1
    Views:
    491
  2. Replies:
    11
    Views:
    1,073
    Keith Thompson
    Apr 28, 2008
  3. Frank Iannarilli

    pre-ansi to ansi c++ conversion?

    Frank Iannarilli, Jul 21, 2009, in forum: C++
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    416
  4. Ricardo Pog
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    435
    Austin Ziegler
    Mar 26, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page