C99 Grammar Definition

jacob navia

Ray Mitchell a écrit :
Does anyone know where I can find a grammar definition for C99? Thanks.
Annex A of the C standard contains the lexical grammar.

You can buy it for something like 20 US$ from ANSI.

Richard Bos

[ Do not top-post. Corrected. ]
I think the C programming language book by K & R has an appendix
covering the lexical part of the language.

That doesn't cover C99, but (almost) C89. Ray Mitchell asked
specifically for C99.

That _does_ cover C99, but doesn't have a grammar definition.

n1124.pdf (do a websearch, I don't have a URL at hand) does contain the
whole grammar, but spread through the document.

Richard

shaanxxx

Richard said:
[ Do not top-post. Corrected. ]
I think the C programming language book by K & R has an appendix
covering the lexical part of the language.

That doesn't cover C99, but (almost) C89. Ray Mitchell asked
specifically for C99.

That _does_ cover C99, but doesn't have a grammar definition.

n1124.pdf (do a websearch, I don't have a URL at hand) does contain the
whole grammar, but spread through the document. http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG14/www/docs/n1124.pdf

Richard