  1. Ray Mitchell

    Ray Mitchell Guest

    Does anyone know where I can find a grammar definition for C99? Thanks.

    Ray Mitchell, Dec 31, 2006

  2. Ray Mitchell

    jacob navia Guest

    Ray Mitchell a écrit :
    > Does anyone know where I can find a grammar definition for C99? Thanks.

    Annex A of the C standard contains the lexical grammar.

    You can buy it for something like 20 US$ from ANSI.

    jacob navia, Dec 31, 2006

  3. Ray Mitchell

    rkk Guest

    I think the C programming language book by K & R has an appendix
    covering the lexical part of the language.
    Refer to the document in the below URL:
    http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG14/www/C99RationaleV5.10.pdf

    Good luck.

    RKK

    rkk, Dec 31, 2006
  4. Ray Mitchell

    Richard Bos Guest

    "rkk" <> wrote:

    [ Do not top-post. Corrected. ]

    > Ray Mitchell wrote:
    > > Does anyone know where I can find a grammar definition for C99? Thanks.

    > I think the C programming language book by K & R has an appendix
    > covering the lexical part of the language.

    That doesn't cover C99, but (almost) C89. Ray Mitchell asked
    specifically for C99.

    > Refer to the document in the below URL:
    > http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG14/www/C99RationaleV5.10.pdf

    That _does_ cover C99, but doesn't have a grammar definition.

    n1124.pdf (do a websearch, I don't have a URL at hand) does contain the
    whole grammar, but spread through the document.

    Richard

    Richard Bos, Jan 2, 2007
  5. Ray Mitchell

    shaanxxx Guest

    http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG14/www/docs/n1124.pdf

    shaanxxx, Jan 2, 2007
  6. Ray Mitchell

    Guest

    shaanxxx <> wrote:

    > Richard Bos wrote:
    >>
    >> n1124.pdf (do a websearch, I don't have a URL at hand) does contain the
    >> whole grammar, but spread through the document.

    > http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG14/www/docs/n1124.pdf

    Although the grammar is spread through the document, it's also collected
    together in Annex A.

    -Larry Jones

    They can make me do it, but they can't make me do it with dignity. -- Calvin

    , Jan 4, 2007
  7. Ray Mitchell

    Tarique Guest

    Tarique, Jan 6, 2007