C99 standard anybody has?

Rahul

If anybody has the C99 standard document please mail it me. or please
tell the url where it will be available.
thnaks.

Ian Collins

Rahul said:
Please don't quote signatures.

i cant buy it from ansi.org. anywhere is it available for free
download?
If it were free, what would be the point of offering it for sale? If it
is important to you, buy a copy.

santosh

Please don't quote signatures, (i.e. the block of text after the '-- '
marker), unless you're specifically commenting on them.
i cant buy it from ansi.org. anywhere is it available for free
download?

No. The actual Standard is available only by purchase. However there's
a working draft document, that has practically everything the
purchased copy has, in addition to inclusion of some Technical
Corrigenda and other corrections. It's made freely available for
download and personal use by WG14 at:

<http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG14/www/docs/n1124.pdf>

There's also a Rationale document:

<http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/C99RationaleV5.10.pdf>

CBFalconer

Rahul said:
If anybody has the C99 standard document please mail it me. or please
tell the url where it will be available.
thnaks.

A text version of the last draft of C99 is available at:

in bz2 compressed format. There are (mostly insignificant)
differences from the actual final standard. This one is suitable
for quoting, searching, etc.

Keith Thompson

CBFalconer said:
But it's not text, which is a significant impediment to searching,
processing, quoting, etc. with normal text handling software.

Different people have different preferences. I have a copy of
n1124.pdf on my laptop, and I view it with Acrobat Reader; I haven't
had any problems searching it, and few problems copy-and-pasting from
it. Of course, the fact that I have a reasonably fast laptop with a
large display (1600x1200 pixels) makes that easier than it might be
for some.

I've also been able to export n1124.pdf to a plain text file, though
the formatting isn't as nice as n869.txt.

But neither n869.txt nor n1124.txt shows italics, which can be an
important consideration.

Mark McIntyre

But it's not text, which is a significant impediment to searching,
processing, quoting, etc. with normal text handling software.

We had this discussion before. Being PDF format is /not/ an impediment
of any sort. /You/ may prefer to grep a text doc, but I find crtl-F
works well for me, while copy-paste beats vi hands down...

--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan

lawrence.jones

Keith Thompson said:
I've also been able to export n1124.pdf to a plain text file, though
the formatting isn't as nice as n869.txt.

But neither n869.txt nor n1124.txt shows italics, which can be an
important consideration.

The equations are challenging to interpret, too, which can also be an
important consideration.

-Larry Jones

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it. -- Hobbes

Nelu

Mark said:
We had this discussion before. Being PDF format is /not/ an impediment
of any sort. /You/ may prefer to grep a text doc, but I find crtl-F
works well for me, while copy-paste beats vi hands down...

Is ctrl-f and <mouse selection>+ctrl-[c|x|v] considered normal
text handling software? :))
(I'm currently under Vista and it seems that the only program
that works the same is vim - at least it hasn't crashed yet :-D).

Mark McIntyre

(I'm currently under Vista

There's your mistake...

--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan

Randy Howard

We had this discussion before. Being PDF format is /not/ an impediment
of any sort. /You/ may prefer to grep a text doc, but I find crtl-F
works well for me, while copy-paste beats vi hands down...

And on more advanced platforms, cmd-F works similarly. :)