    If anybody has the C99 standard document please mail it me. or please
    tell the url where it will be available.
    thnaks.
    Rahul, Mar 14, 2007

  2. Rahul

    Jack Klein Guest

    Jack Klein, Mar 14, 2007

  3. Rahul

    Rahul Guest

    On Mar 14, 9:15 am, Jack Klein <> wrote:
    > On 13 Mar 2007 20:57:09 -0700, "Rahul" <>
    > wrote in comp.lang.c:
    >
    > > If anybody has the C99 standard document please mail it me. or please
    > > tell the url where it will be available.
    > > thnaks.

    > http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstore/product.asp?sku=INCITS/ISO/...
    >
    > --
    > Jack Klein
    > Home:http://JK-Technology.Com
    > FAQs for
    > comp.lang.chttp://c-faq.com/
    > comp.lang.c++http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/
    > alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~ajo/docs/FAQ-acllc.html

    i cant buy it from ansi.org. anywhere is it available for free
    download?
    Rahul, Mar 14, 2007
  4. Rahul

    Ian Collins Guest

    Rahul wrote:
    > On Mar 14, 9:15 am, Jack Klein <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 13 Mar 2007 20:57:09 -0700, "Rahul" <>
    >>wrote in comp.lang.c:
    >>

    >>>If anybody has the C99 standard document please mail it me. or please
    >>>tell the url where it will be available.
    >>>thnaks.

    >>http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstore/product.asp?sku=INCITS/ISO/...

    Please don't quote signatures.

    > i cant buy it from ansi.org. anywhere is it available for free
    > download?

    If it were free, what would be the point of offering it for sale? If it
    is important to you, buy a copy.

    --
    Ian Collins.
    Ian Collins, Mar 14, 2007
  5. Rahul

    santosh Guest

    Rahul wrote:
    > On Mar 14, 9:15 am, Jack Klein <> wrote:
    > > On 13 Mar 2007 20:57:09 -0700, "Rahul" <>
    > > wrote in comp.lang.c:
    > >
    > > > If anybody has the C99 standard document please mail it me. or please
    > > > tell the url where it will be available.
    > > > thnaks.

    > > http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstore/product.asp?sku=INCITS/ISO/...
    > >
    > > --
    > > Jack Klein
    > > Home:http://JK-Technology.Com
    > > FAQs for
    > > comp.lang.chttp://c-faq.com/
    > > comp.lang.c++http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/
    > > alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~ajo/docs/FAQ-acllc.html

    Please don't quote signatures, (i.e. the block of text after the '-- '
    marker), unless you're specifically commenting on them.

    > i cant buy it from ansi.org. anywhere is it available for free
    > download?

    No. The actual Standard is available only by purchase. However there's
    a working draft document, that has practically everything the
    purchased copy has, in addition to inclusion of some Technical
    Corrigenda and other corrections. It's made freely available for
    download and personal use by WG14 at:

    <http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG14/www/docs/n1124.pdf>

    There's also a Rationale document:

    <http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/C99RationaleV5.10.pdf>
    santosh, Mar 14, 2007
  6. Rahul

    CBFalconer Guest

    Rahul wrote:

    > If anybody has the C99 standard document please mail it me. or please
    > tell the url where it will be available.
    > thnaks.

    A text version of the last draft of C99 is available at:

    in bz2 compressed format. There are (mostly insignificant)
    differences from the actual final standard. This one is suitable
    for quoting, searching, etc.

    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

    CBFalconer, Mar 14, 2007
  7. Rahul

    Old Wolf Guest

    On Mar 15, 2:33 am, CBFalconer <> wrote:
    > Rahul wrote:
    >
    > > If anybody has the C99 standard document please mail it me. or please
    > > tell the url where it will be available.
    > > thnaks.

    > A text version of the last draft of C99 is available at:
    >
    > <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/download/>

    Also consider the following document:
    www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG14/www/docs/n1124.pdf

    which is the C99 text, plus some subsequent corrigenda. I have found
    it
    to be more reliable thatn N869, which has some significant differences
    to C99.
    Old Wolf, Mar 14, 2007
  8. Rahul

    CBFalconer Guest

    Old Wolf wrote:
    > On Mar 15, 2:33 am, CBFalconer <> wrote:
    >> Rahul wrote:
    >>
    >>> If anybody has the C99 standard document please mail it me. or
    >>> please tell the url where it will be available.

    >> A text version of the last draft of C99 is available at:
    >>
    >> <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/download/>

    > Also consider the following document:
    > www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG14/www/docs/n1124.pdf
    >
    > which is the C99 text, plus some subsequent corrigenda. I have
    > found it to be more reliable thatn N869, which has some
    > significant differences to C99.

    But it's not text, which is a significant impediment to searching,
    processing, quoting, etc. with normal text handling software.

    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

    CBFalconer, Mar 15, 2007
  9. CBFalconer <> writes:
    > Old Wolf wrote:

    >>> A text version of the last draft of C99 is available at:
    >>>
    >>> <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/download/>

    >> Also consider the following document:
    >> www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG14/www/docs/n1124.pdf
    >>
    >> which is the C99 text, plus some subsequent corrigenda. I have
    >> found it to be more reliable thatn N869, which has some
    >> significant differences to C99.

    > But it's not text, which is a significant impediment to searching,
    > processing, quoting, etc. with normal text handling software.

    Different people have different preferences. I have a copy of
    n1124.pdf on my laptop, and I view it with Acrobat Reader; I haven't
    had any problems searching it, and few problems copy-and-pasting from
    it. Of course, the fact that I have a reasonably fast laptop with a
    large display (1600x1200 pixels) makes that easier than it might be
    for some.

    I've also been able to export n1124.pdf to a plain text file, though
    the formatting isn't as nice as n869.txt.

    But neither n869.txt nor n1124.txt shows italics, which can be an
    important consideration.

    Keith Thompson, Mar 15, 2007
  10. On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:37:51 -0500, in comp.lang.c , CBFalconer
    <> wrote:

    >But it's not text, which is a significant impediment to searching,
    >processing, quoting, etc. with normal text handling software.

    We had this discussion before. Being PDF format is /not/ an impediment
    of any sort. /You/ may prefer to grep a text doc, but I find crtl-F
    works well for me, while copy-paste beats vi hands down...

    --
    Mark McIntyre

    --Brian Kernighan
    Mark McIntyre, Mar 15, 2007
  11. Rahul

    Guest

    Keith Thompson <> wrote:

    > I've also been able to export n1124.pdf to a plain text file, though
    > the formatting isn't as nice as n869.txt.
    >
    > But neither n869.txt nor n1124.txt shows italics, which can be an
    > important consideration.

    The equations are challenging to interpret, too, which can also be an
    important consideration.

    -Larry Jones

    The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it. -- Hobbes
    , Mar 15, 2007
  12. Rahul

    Nelu Guest

    Mark McIntyre wrote:
    > On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:37:51 -0500, in comp.lang.c , CBFalconer
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> But it's not text, which is a significant impediment to searching,
    >> processing, quoting, etc. with normal text handling software.

    > We had this discussion before. Being PDF format is /not/ an impediment
    > of any sort. /You/ may prefer to grep a text doc, but I find crtl-F
    > works well for me, while copy-paste beats vi hands down...

    Is ctrl-f and <mouse selection>+ctrl-[c|x|v] considered normal
    text handling software? :))
    (I'm currently under Vista and it seems that the only program
    that works the same is vim - at least it hasn't crashed yet :-D).

    --
    Ioan - Ciprian Tandau
    (... and that it still works...)
    Nelu, Mar 15, 2007
  13. On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:23:02 -0400, in comp.lang.c , Nelu
    <> wrote:

    >(I'm currently under Vista

    There's your mistake...

    --
    Mark McIntyre

    --Brian Kernighan
    Mark McIntyre, Mar 15, 2007
  14. Rahul

    Nelu Guest

    Mark McIntyre wrote:
    > On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:23:02 -0400, in comp.lang.c , Nelu
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> (I'm currently under Vista

    > There's your mistake...

    Please, don't twist the knife... :-(

    --
    Ioan - Ciprian Tandau
    (... and that it still works...)
    Nelu, Mar 15, 2007
  15. Rahul

    Randy Howard Guest

    On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:07:04 -0500, Mark McIntyre wrote
    (in article <>):

    > On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:37:51 -0500, in comp.lang.c , CBFalconer
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> But it's not text, which is a significant impediment to searching,
    >> processing, quoting, etc. with normal text handling software.

    > We had this discussion before. Being PDF format is /not/ an impediment
    > of any sort. /You/ may prefer to grep a text doc, but I find crtl-F
    > works well for me, while copy-paste beats vi hands down...

    And on more advanced platforms, cmd-F works similarly. :)

    --
    Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)
    Randy Howard, Mar 20, 2007