C_INCLUDE_PATH and gcc -I option

Discussion in 'C++' started by Madhur, Jun 9, 2008.

  1. Madhur

    Madhur Guest

    I would like to know the difference between using the
    C_INCLUDE_PATH and using the -I option with compilers. How are they
    different?

    The problem which I am facing is that I am having a
    source base which uses python. I am currently enabling compile time
    option _POSIX_C_SOURCE in my Makefile. The compilaiton fails if i
    include -I option to /usr/include/python2.4

    /usr/include/python2.4/pyconfig-32.h:838:1: error: "_POSIX_C_SOURCE"
    redefined

    but if i do

    export C_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/include/python2.4

    I do not face any compilation issues.

    I would like to know if there is anything i am missing on this.

    Madhur, Jun 9, 2008