Cache and AOL Optimized

Eugenio Callejas

Hello,

I have a site that I post a bi-montly newsletter on. However, everytime I
post a new newsletter, some of my customers report that they still only see
the older newlsetter...and I am 100% positive that the one that is posted is
the newer one only. I believe it is a problem with their Cache or using
something like AOL Optimized...I have placed these tags on my page, but this
has not fixed the problem:

Can anyone please help me...I am at my wits end!!!

Thanks,

-Eugene

Jim Higson

Eugenio said:
Hello,

I have a site that I post a bi-montly newsletter on. However, everytime I
post a new newsletter, some of my customers report that they still only
see the older newlsetter...and I am 100% positive that the one that is
posted is
the newer one only. I believe it is a problem with their Cache or using
something like AOL Optimized...I have placed these tags on my page, but
this has not fixed the problem:

Can anyone please help me...I am at my wits end!!!

Thanks,

-Eugene

Try configuring the server to send out the http data in the headers, which
will probably take precidence over http-equiv meta tags.
Even so, they should only be getting the page slightly out of date if it is
a caching issue, and I'd expect it to go away as soon as they hit the
refresh button.

Adam Bailey

Eugenio Callejas said:
Hello,

I have a site that I post a bi-montly newsletter on. However, everytime I
post a new newsletter, some of my customers report that they still only see
the older newlsetter...and I am 100% positive that the one that is posted is
the newer one only. I believe it is a problem with their Cache or using
something like AOL Optimized...

Information on dealing with AOL's caching servers can be found at:

http://webmaster.info.aol.com/caching.html