    application cache together with dependencies set for 'all' folders that
    'all' contained objects rely on?

    Wayne.
    wh, Apr 5, 2004

  2. dependencies can only be set at the folder level for 1.1

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
    "wh" <> wrote in message
    > I'm not sure what I am trying to do is correct but within a global object
    > I'd like to store an object with a dependency on a specified directory.
    >
    > I am aware that I am able to add a reference to a (global) object to the
    > applications cache by using the Cache proeprty of the current Page object.
    > What I would like to do is more fine grained. The global object creates
    > further objects, each of which is dependent on the files in a directory.

    I'd

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Apr 6, 2004

  3. I'm not thinking here. What I said is not correct. You have a couple of
    options here. Use the filesystem watcher object to monitor the folder. When
    the folder changes it will call an event handler in which you place your
    code. If you need to monitor for a specific file, you can add a cache
    dependency on the specific file.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]