    is it *possible* that the App Pool would recycle AND the data would still be
    available in the Cache?

    Thanks

    Jeremy S., Mar 28, 2005

  2. Jeremy S.

    Scott Allen Guest

    Hi Jeremy:

    When the app recycles all in memory objects and state are lost. A new
    app will spin up with an empty cache, empty session, unitialized
    static/shared fields, etc.

    HTH,

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Mar 28, 2005

  3. Jeremy S.

    Brock Allen Guest

    The data cache in ASP.NET is scoped to the AppDomain, so yes, a recycle will
    cause the data in the cache to be purged.

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Mar 28, 2005