Cache Frustration!

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Renie83, Aug 8, 2003.

  1. Renie83

    Renie83 Guest

    I'm having a big problem with cache.
    I have 3 radio buttons that each show a differnt div with a form on it
    on an asp page. When submitted whatever form is chosen is posted to a
    new script page that inserts the data into a db table and sends off an
    email with the information. I would like to make it so after the user
    gets to the second page, if they hit the back button they will not be
    able to see what they have entered. I have tried putting
    <% Response.CacheControl = "no-cache" %>
    <% Response.AddHeader "Pragma", "no-cache" %>
    <% Response.Expires = -1 %>
    right below the body tag of my code but it does not work. It's my very
    first bit of asp code on the page. The only thing entered before it is
    some JavaScript. I can not use the meta tags for no cache because I'm
    using IE 5.0. I know the http headers method should work because on
    another of my pages it does. The only difference with that page is
    that it posts back to itself. It even has the same choice of form with
    the radio buttons. Does it have anything to do with the fact that I am
    posting to a new script page? I have to post to a new script for the
    email part of my code. If anyone has any ideas of what my problem
    might be or how I could fix this situation please let me know.
    Thanks a lot!
    Renie83
    Renie83, Aug 8, 2003