cache guidelines, where can I read up on this?

Mike Scirocco

I've made a few small static sites that don't get changed every week. I
want to read up on the cache so I can speed up the sites as much as
possible, but I want to understand how to get the cache to refresh after
the site has been updated. Does anyone have any sites they like for this?

TIA,
Mike

Ed Mullen

Mike said:
I've made a few small static sites that don't get changed every week. I
want to read up on the cache so I can speed up the sites as much as
possible, but I want to understand how to get the cache to refresh after
the site has been updated. Does anyone have any sites they like for this?

Not sure what you want.

Are you asking about how to utilize the cache on our own browser on your
own machine? Or if you can control how the cache is used on my (or
other visitors to your sites) machine?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Mike Scirocco

Ed said:
Not sure what you want.

Are you asking about how to utilize the cache on our own browser on your
own machine? Or if you can control how the cache is used on my (or
other visitors to your sites) machine?

I want to put code into the page html that controls how a visitors
machine caches the page.

Geoff Tucker

Mike Scirocco said:
I've made a few small static sites that don't get changed every week. I
want to read up on the cache so I can speed up the sites as much as
possible, but I want to understand how to get the cache to refresh after
the site has been updated. Does anyone have any sites they like for this?

TIA,
Mike

This page has often been recommended here as an authoritative source

http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/