    the site has been updated. Does anyone have any sites they like for this?

    TIA,
    Mike
    Mike Scirocco, Nov 27, 2007

  2. Mike Scirocco

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Mike Scirocco wrote:
    > I've made a few small static sites that don't get changed every week. I
    > want to read up on the cache so I can speed up the sites as much as
    > possible, but I want to understand how to get the cache to refresh after
    > the site has been updated. Does anyone have any sites they like for this?

    Not sure what you want.

    Are you asking about how to utilize the cache on our own browser on your
    own machine? Or if you can control how the cache is used on my (or
    other visitors to your sites) machine?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Nov 27, 2007

  3. Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Mike Scirocco wrote:
    >> I've made a few small static sites that don't get changed every week.
    >> I want to read up on the cache so I can speed up the sites as much as
    >> possible, but I want to understand how to get the cache to refresh
    >> after the site has been updated. Does anyone have any sites they like
    >> for this?

    > Not sure what you want.
    >
    > Are you asking about how to utilize the cache on our own browser on your
    > own machine? Or if you can control how the cache is used on my (or
    > other visitors to your sites) machine?

    I want to put code into the page html that controls how a visitors
    machine caches the page.
    Mike Scirocco, Nov 27, 2007
  4. Mike Scirocco

    Geoff Tucker Guest

    "Mike Scirocco" <> wrote in message
    > I've made a few small static sites that don't get changed every week.

    > want to read up on the cache so I can speed up the sites as much as
    > possible, but I want to understand how to get the cache to refresh

    after
    > the site has been updated. Does anyone have any sites they like for

    this?

    > TIA,
    > Mike

    This page has often been recommended here as an authoritative source

    http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/

    --
    Geoff
    Geoff Tucker, Nov 27, 2007
  5. Geoff Tucker wrote:
    > "Mike Scirocco" <> wrote
    >> I've made a few small static sites that don't get changed every week.
    >> I want to read up on the cache so I can speed up the sites as much as
    >> possible, but I want to understand how to get the cache to refresh
    >> after the site has been updated. Does anyone have any sites they like for
    >> this? TIA, Mike

    > This page has often been recommended here as an authoritative source
    > http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/

    Thanks Geoff
    Mike Scirocco, Nov 27, 2007
  6. Mike Scirocco