Cache Object Concurrent Access

Bill Priess

I have heard both stories. Personally, I refuse to use the built in cache
because it does not implement lock/unlock semantics. Given this, I have
found that if I need this functionality, I will resort to either writing my
own cache wrapper which I implement my own read/write locks, or I will stuff
*small* objects into the Application, when does employ read/write locks.

As for concurrent read/writes to cache corrupting data? Well, if you are not
implementing the CacheItemRemovedCallback handler properly, then yes, data
can become corrupted, and that is also only if you are sloppy and do not
validate any and all data coming into and out of your application.

HTH,

Bill P.

Manit Chanthavong

Thanks for your indepth and quick response. I'll rearch more on
implementing custom caching techniques.

Thanks,

Manit Chanthavong