    memory?

    Does that mean if you have cluster and it switches node you lose your cache?

    TIA - Jeff.

    Mufasa, Nov 8, 2007

  2. Mufasa

    Norm Guest

    On Nov 8, 11:25 am, "Mufasa" <> wrote:
    > When you create a cache object in a web site, where is actually stored? In
    > memory?
    >
    > Does that mean if you have cluster and it switches node you lose your cache?
    >
    > TIA - Jeff.

    Cache, Application, and Session objects are all stored in memory.
    (Well, session is only by default, you can move that to a database or
    implement your own system). In a cluster situation, there are separate
    caches for each. So technically you would lose the cache you were
    previously working with, but you gain another. I have only read how to
    use the cache, and never actually used it so take this with a grain of
    salt. Here is the msdn link for ASP.NET caching
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/xsbfdd8c.aspx

    Norm, Nov 8, 2007