    good articles on the subject then it would help mr a great deal.

    many thanks in advance.

    martin.
    Martin, Sep 14, 2004

  2. Martin

    Janaka Guest

    Martin,

    Both the Cache and Application variables store data in the same way, in
    local memory on the server. This proves to be much more scalable than
    repeatedly making calls to say a database or flat file to retrieve
    information. Unlike Sessions there's no special way you need to set these
    variables. As long as you code in a logical manner each server in your web
    farm should have its own local copy of Application/Cache data.
    I prefer using the Cache because it cleans up the memory after a period of
    time you specify and you can attach dependancies on your data as well.

    Janaka

    Janaka, Sep 14, 2004

  3. Cache is also known as "Application Cache," as its memory space is part of
    the Application memory space, and it is gloabal to the Application. So, no,
    neither Application, nor any other memory-based caching mechanism will cross
    application boundaries across a Web Farm.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Sep 14, 2004