Cache Page before the new page

amit sinha

I did developed a code in VS2005 aspx file which opens pop up window
on button click javascript window.showModalDialog(popwin.aspx?
cCODE='cd',winprop)

Now as popwin.aspx take long time to load(the html javascript tag are
written on fly). So I want to somehow cache the page after loading the
main page.

So the loading time on click of the open window button will reduce as
the page is cached .

Is it possible ??if yes please help me with you suggestion..

Guest

Sure, just have popwin.aspx check the cache for whatever it is supposed to
emit, and return that , otherwise it would do it's normal thing that you do
now and as a last item, store it in Cache. You don't specify exactly how the
popwin.aspx page renders (e.g. what controls or whether it is writing out a
string of content) but the concept is the same.
-- Peter
Recursion: see Recursion
site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com