cache problem : Need to click the logout button twice

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jeff, Jan 31, 2010.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    hi

    asp.net 3.5

    I need to click on the logout button minimum twice and sometimes many many
    times (I stopped counting at 20).
    Sometimes when logging in I have to enter the same password twice in order
    to be authenticated...

    The problem is caused by cache, atleast I removed my recently added cache
    settings from the webpages and usercontrols and the problem was gone....

    For example in the Default.aspx I have this cache setting:
    <%@ OutputCache Duration="60" VaryByParam="None" Location="Client" %>

    And the Login control which in my project is placed in the LoginControl.ascx
    have this setting:
    <%@ OutputCache Duration="60" VaryByParam="*" %>

    any ideas what I do wrong here?

    Jeff, Jan 31, 2010