Cache Thumbnails

Jon

Hi,
I've got 10 image thumbnails generated with GetThumbnailImage down the side
of each page of a site. However it seems the thumbnails are being
re-generated with every page request rather than cached in the browser. Is
there a way to cache the thumbnails or would I be better saving them to a
file? The thumbs change every hour so I really wanted to avoid having to
create a file for each one

Site is www.bookhead.co.uk right hand side

Jon

Wayne

Hi,

You can place the (binary) pic data in a cache object and have it expire after one hour.

That might be a way to do it..

Wayne
Hi,
I've got 10 image thumbnails generated with GetThumbnailImage down the side
of each page of a site. However it seems the thumbnails are being
re-generated with every page request rather than cached in the browser. Is
there a way to cache the thumbnails or would I be better saving them to a
file? The thumbs change every hour so I really wanted to avoid having to
create a file for each one

Site is www.bookhead.co.uk right hand side

Jon

Eric Lawrence [MSFT]

If you want them cached in the browser, simply set the OutputCache
properties appropriately. You'll want to set a Cache-control max-age of
3600 if you'd like them cached for one hour.

--
Thanks,

Eric Lawrence
Program Manager