    actually make another SOAP request and the web service returns a cached
    result?

    , May 16, 2005

  2. Web Service cache is hold in server side. If you call webservice with same
    parameters web service is not executed and cached result is returned
    automatically...

    Simply test this with a simple web service:

    [WebMethod(true,System.EnterpriseServices.TransactionOption.Supported,3000)]
    public string HelloWorld()
    {
    return DateTime.Now.ToString();
    }

    Call this web service from different types of applications at different
    times...See the result
    --

    Thanks,
    Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN

    Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN [MCAD.NET], May 16, 2005