CacheDuration

deja

if my webmethod parameter is an object, it doesn't seem to cache the
output even though the xml serialised version of this object is the
same as the previous call. Is this right?

if I call the same web method with two different RequestObjects(see
below) but both with the same attributes like so:
refTransNum=80
dbId="myDB"
all other attributes not set.

the webmethod output is not cached but I was expecting it to be. Does
this mean the parameters have to be simple parameters? I wanted to use
an object parameter so it could be extended more easily.

i.e. WebMethod parameter is RequestObject.
RequestObject consists of:
public string dbId
public System.Collections.Generic.List<WSAdditionalParam> addParams
public GroupType grpType;
public int refTransNum;
public string[] idList;

public class WSAdditionalParam
{
public WSAdditionalParam()
public string Name;
public object Value;

public static object GetParam(List<WSAdditionalParam>
addParams, string paramName)
{
ParamFilter filter = new ParamFilter(paramName);
if (addParams != null)
{
WSAdditionalParam param =
addParams.Find(filter.Match);
if (param != null)
return param.Value;
}
return null;

[Serializable]
public enum GroupType
{
T = 0,
Z= 1,
D = 2,
S = 3,
E = 4,
L = 5,
P = 6,
ST = 7,
TB = 8,
C = 9
}

thanks
Phil

deja

Also, what happens if 2 calls come in one after the other but the
first call hasn't finished when the second one comes in? Does the
second one do all the work all over again or does it wait for the
first call to output and then use the same output?

thanks