Caching a Datalist control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Kyong Kwak, Jan 19, 2005.

  1. Kyong Kwak

    Kyong Kwak Guest

    Hey all,

    wanted to know if I can cache an entire control.. this is what I have..

    Webform has header, nav, footer, and Usercontrol_1. Usercontrol_1 has a
    datalist and paging items ( prev, current page, next ).

    I wanted to output cache for each "page" of the datalist, but I can't
    seem to get it to work ( any suggestions? ). It would only cache at the
    usercontrol level. so I'd get the header, nav, foot, and Usercontrol_1
    but not page two of Usercontrol_1.

    I want to know how I can cache multiple instances of the Usercontrol_1
    for each page.

    In the meanwhile I tried caching the DataList object, but when I get it
    from the cache, the DataListItems don't render! any thoughts?

    thanks!

    p.s. I put the DataList in the cache after the .DataBind() call.

    kyong

    Kyong Kwak, Jan 19, 2005