caching a query

joethis

Is there a way to cache a query on the server's memory for a certian amount of time?

Ray at

Use ASP.net. Please provide more details, like, maybe indicating what
database system you're using, for one.

Ray at work

joethis said:
Is there a way to cache a query on the server's memory for a certian
amount of time?

joethis

In Coldfusion you can cache the resultset itself in memory. I was wondering if it was possible to cache the result set for a certain amount of time?

Michael D. Kersey

joethis said:
In Coldfusion you can cache the resultset itself in memory. I was wondering if it was possible to cache the result set for a certain amount of time?

Save the resultset to Application or Session variable(s) using either
the recordset GetRows() or GetString() method or save it to a disk file
with the recordset Save() method.

But first be certain that you need to cache the result set (e.g., maybe
you don't need to fetch it all at once).