  1. joethis

    joethis Guest

    Is there a way to cache a query on the server's memory for a certian amount of time?

    joethis, May 21, 2004

  2. joethis

    Ray at Guest

    Use ASP.net. Please provide more details, like, maybe indicating what
    database system you're using, for one.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, May 21, 2004

  3. joethis

    joethis Guest

    In Coldfusion you can cache the resultset itself in memory. I was wondering if it was possible to cache the result set for a certain amount of time?

    joethis, May 21, 2004
  4. joethis wrote:
    > In Coldfusion you can cache the resultset itself in memory. I was wondering if it was possible to cache the result set for a certain amount of time?

    Save the resultset to Application or Session variable(s) using either
    the recordset GetRows() or GetString() method or save it to a disk file
    with the recordset Save() method.

    But first be certain that you need to cache the result set (e.g., maybe
    you don't need to fetch it all at once).

    Michael D. Kersey, May 22, 2004