    filtering.

    Thanks.
    George.
    George Ter-Saakov, Nov 7, 2003

  2. Hi George,

    I am sorry if there is any misunderstanding.

    To my knowledge, even if the caching features on a web page was turned on,
    the initial HTTP GET request for the page serves as normal, and then the
    dynamic content of this web page will be placed in the output cache. That
    is, the Response.Filter should apply to the output for the first HTTP
    request to a cache-enabled web page. As for the subsequent HTTP request for
    the same web page, the cache mechanism will serve them. Of course, the
    contents in the cache are the filtered contents.

    Please let me know if it helps.

    Best regards,

    Jacob Yang
    Microsoft Online Partner Support
    Jacob Yang [MSFT], Nov 10, 2003

  3. Thanks, I am still not clear
    Let say I have a user control on a page with a directive
    <%@ OutputCache Duration="120">

    I have a Response.Filter set to my custom filter (replaces @First@ to actual
    customer name).
    So first request will cache the output of the user control.

    Will second request (from another customer) take the cached output of the
    control and pass it through the Filter (so @First@ will be replaced to
    another name)?

    Thanks.
    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, Nov 10, 2003
  4. George Ter-Saakov

    MSFT Guest

    Hi George,

    The Filter property will be implemented after cache. In other words,
    @First@ will be replaced with other name according the second request.

    Luke
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security