Caching asp.net pages

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Bruno Alexandre, Aug 9, 2006.

  1. Hi guys,

    I built a online Portal that shows results, stock managment, etc...
    but same pages take long time to display because they are getting the
    results from the Database.

    to make it faster I add this line:

    <%@ OutputCache Duration="5000" VaryByParam="none" %>

    but I got a problem,

    on that page I show the User Name, like Bruno Alexandre (from a session
    object)
    if I use the cache the name does not change! even if I logout and enter with
    an entirely different user

    I wanted to cache the hole page, but be able to have that dynamic label
    correct

    How can I cache parts of the page?

    Without remove that label, what can I do to perform this Cache method?

    Thank you
    Bruno Alexandre

    "a Portuguese in København, Danmark"

    Bruno Alexandre, Aug 9, 2006

  2. Use substitution control. It allows for a dynamic content on a cached page.

    Yuriy Galanter, Aug 9, 2006

  3. I will get info on this, thank you :)

    didn't know wbout this control...

    --

    Bruno Alexandre
    "a Portuguese in Københav, Danmark"