    (images hosted on seperate web server than page) are cached

    thanks
    stephane

    sviau, Feb 6, 2004

  2. By default, they are (that is, if you're talking about at the browser).

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Feb 6, 2004

  3. Hi sviau,

    Thanks for posting in the community!
    From your description, you are looking for some means to force the client
    side cache the images in web page,yes?

    As for this question, I agree with Kevin that this behavior is by default
    implemented by the brower, since it'll cache the certain resource when
    first time request it and retrieve it from the client cache for later
    using. So we needn't provide additional operations. However, we need to add
    custom headers or use some additional approachs if we want to force the
    client browser not use the cache:). And here is a kb article discussing on
    this topic:

    #HOWTO: Force Graphics to Always Download to Client
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=246960

    Please check out the suggestion. If you feel anything unclear, please feel
    free to post here.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Feb 7, 2004
  4. Hi sviau,

    Have you had a chance to check out the preceding suggestions or have you
    got any further ideas on this issue? If you need any questions, please feel

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Feb 10, 2004