Caching of Java script proxy for WCF service

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Alexander Tarasul, Mar 10, 2009.

  1. Hello,
    Environment VS 2008, .NET 3.5, Windows 2003 Server
    I'm calling WCF Service decorated with
    <OperationContract()> _
    <WebGet(RequestFormat:=WebMessageFormat.Xml)> _
    from web page script manager.

    <asp:ScriptManager ID="SM" runat="server" >
    <Services>
    <asp:ServiceReference Path="~/Service.svc" />
    </Services>
    </asp:ScriptManager>

    The Service proxy file
    http://usildlaparnd01/AJAXWCF/Service.svc/js
    is generated with caching header of expire immediately
    HTTP/1.0 Expires Header is present: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 22:17:49 GMT

    The web.config have debug=false

    I don't want to embed the script into my page, I want it in separate cached
    JS file with one year expiration same as scriptresource.axd JS files or
    better with configurable cache expiration.
    Is there any way to control cache expiration of
    Service.svc/js

    Regards
    Alexander

    Alexander Tarasul, Mar 10, 2009