  1. Chris Patten

    Chris Patten Guest

    I have 2 asp pages, the first displays a drop down which it's source is from a db, user picks a value, submits to the next page. Currently if the user hits back picks a different value and submits again, the same original value is submitted again, not the newly select value...I see lots of things talking about caching, wondering if there is something I can do so if the user goes back, using their back button, that if they select the new value and resubmit, that the new value is used and not the original value, I may have said that in a very long winded way, just wanted to be clear...tia if you have advice.
    Chris Patten, Jun 2, 2004

  2. Chris Patten

    Keon Guest

    Put this line of code on the top of your page. It makes thet the browser
    not cache this page

    <%Response.Expires = -1000 %>

    greets
    Keon

    Keon, Jun 2, 2004

  3. http://www.aspfaq.com/2022

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Jun 2, 2004
  4. FYI... that line alone won't cover all browsers and all settings.

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Jun 2, 2004