Caching web pages.

UJ

We are about to move our web site to be more dynamic - people will be
editing things like text strings on a page. This stuff won't change very
often. I was wondering if Output Caching would be reasonable so that the
pages don't get regenerated every time somebody goes to a page.

Would Output Caching be appropriate here? What's a reasonable duration to
keep the page cached? I assume that memory becomes an issue as you cache
more and more stuff. How does the system know whether to use the cached page
or not? For instance - I log in as user X - on the page it says User X
(which I got from the code behind.) User Y logs in. I assume it will not
use the cached page because it 'knows' it's different. Is that true?

TIA - Jeff.