    Why aren't changes made to the code-behind in a running application taking effect even in a new session

    Thank you

    jbh
    =?Utf-8?B?amJo?=, Mar 3, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?amJo?=

    Ian Guest

    You may need to stop and then start the web publishing service

    "jbh" <> wrote in message
    > When I make changes to an aspx.vb file in an application running on our

    web server the change isn't effected, nor does it appear in "view source".
    However when I open the file on the web server I see the change that I made.

    Ian, Mar 3, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?amJo?=

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    are you using SRC tags and the "code-behind" method or are you using a
    pre-compiled site?
    If it's a pre-compiled then the .VB/.CS shouldn't even be on the site.
    If it's the compile-on-demand method with the .VB/.CS on the server then you
    may have to restart the site (or let it flush from the cache) since IIRC it
    only re-compiles when first loaded

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    Curt_C [MVP], Mar 3, 2004
  4. Thank you for your suggestions. We are using the "compile on demand" model. Could I hurry things along by setting the "Enable Content Expiration" to "Expire Immediately" in the "Http Headers" tab of the Properties settings in IIS for that application?

    Thanks again for your help.

    jbh
    =?Utf-8?B?amJo?=, Mar 3, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?amJo?=

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Not sure but I dont think so but you can try.
    Otherwise just restart the site.

    Curt_C [MVP], Mar 3, 2004