CahceDependency and distributed file system

Marcin Rzeznicki

Hello,
Is it possible that CacheDependency does not work as expected when
monitoring file changes on distributed file system? I've run into
following issue: two asp.net applications are deployed on two different
servers. Servers share directory by DFS (operating system is Win2k).
Each application establishes CacheDependency on one of shared files.
Whenever file is changed only one application (it seems that it is
always the one located on server where the change is made) is notified
that cache item has been removed due to dependency check. If anyone
could possibly give some explanation to this or solve the problem, I
would be thankful.