calculate number

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Frederik_S=F8rensen?=

I'm trying to do this calculation in xsl but i get an error message:
"expression is not a node set"

<xsl:variable name="height" select="round(130/width*height)+10"/>

How do i save the result from this calculation in my variable?

height and width im my xml contains the height and width of an image.

Frederik

Richard Tobin

Frederik Sørensen said:
I'm trying to do this calculation in xsl but i get an error message:
"expression is not a node set"

<xsl:variable name="height" select="round(130/width*height)+10"/>

The division operator is "div", not "/".

The error message reflects the fact that you are trying to find the
<width> children of 130.

-- Richard

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Frederik_S=F8rensen?=

Works like a charm :)
Thanks for the very fast reply.

Frederik

Malte

Frederik said:
I'm trying to do this calculation in xsl but i get an error message:
"expression is not a node set"

<xsl:variable name="height" select="round(130/width*height)+10"/>

How do i save the result from this calculation in my variable?

height and width im my xml contains the height and width of an image.

Frederik

From a current project:

<xsl:value-of select="format-number(translate(((($upris - $ipris) * 100)
div $upris),',','.'), '#.##0,0', 'european' )"/>

As you can see, your variable best sport a '$' or they're not variables ;-)