calculate running total

Bruce

I had a form with a running total working until I was asked to add some
checkboxes. Here is what I have:

http://www.bearzilla.net/test/Untitled-1.html

The first section works, but I can't get any part of "Make Additional
Donation" add to the total. When I do get that part to work, then the
1st part for "Lunch" doesn't work. You can view the source, but I left
out the javascript that didn't work for me. Thanks.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Bruce said:
I had a form with a running total working until I was asked to add some
checkboxes. Here is what I have:

http://www.bearzilla.net/test/Untitled-1.html

The first section works, but I can't get any part of "Make Additional
Donation" add to the total. When I do get that part to work, then the
1st part for "Lunch" doesn't work. You can view the source, but I left
out the javascript that didn't work for me.

How very clever of you. NOT.

Anyhow, your markup is not Valid HTML or XHTML to begin with. Particularly,
IDs must not be decimal numbers (the range of characters which they may
begin with is limited to ASCII letters, see the HTML 4.01 Specification)
which is likely to be one cause of your problem. <http://validator.w3.org/>

You will probably also need to provide for a server-side alternative that
computes the total so that users cannot cheat about it.

PointedEars