Calendar child not working in a custom composite control

Lamar

I made a Custom composite web control that incorporates a
menu with buttons and an encapsulating table cell for the
child controls that are within the custom control's tags
in the HTML. All the controls that are between the
opening and closing tags of my custom control work except
for the calendar. You can select the date for the
current month and all works fine. It returns the next
page with the correct date highlighted but if you change
months forward or back then select a date, the returned
page shows the current month (as in this month) with no
date selected. I have not programmed against this
calendar yet other than declaring it in the code behind
page so it can't be that. All the ASP.NET rendered HTML
and script for the calendar looks good. The
INamingContainer is implemented for my custom control
class. I can't figure this one out. Anyone else had
this problem?? Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance.