Calendar Control - ASP.Net 2.0

Paul

I am using the standard Calendar control in ASP.Net 2.0 and VB.Net and VS2005.

Here is the code:

<asp:calendar id="cldr_contract_date" runat="server" backcolor="#ffffff"
width="250px" height="200px" font-size="12px" font-names="Arial"
borderwidth="2px" bordercolor="#000000" nextprevformat="shortmonth"
daynameformat="firsttwoletters" OnSelectionChanged="cldr_SelectionChanged">
<titlestyle font-size="14px" font-bold="true" borderwidth="2px"
forecolor="#000055" />
<dayheaderstyle font-size="12px" font-bold="true" />
<todaydaystyle backcolor="#D3D3D3" forecolor="#ffffff" />
<selecteddaystyle backcolor="#000000" forecolor="#ffffff" />
<nextprevstyle font-size="12px" font-bold="true" forecolor="#333333" />
<othermonthdaystyle forecolor="#cccccc" />
</asp:calendar>

My question revolves around the ability of the user to select a month or
year that is a long length of time from the default date.

For example, the default date that is displayed on the calendar is today.
The user wants to select a day that is 3 years prior to today.

Right now, it appears that the only way that the user can select that
3-years-prior date is to continually click the previous month link until he
gets to 3 years ago. That is 36 clicks and it is no surprise that the user is
not happy having to do that.

Is there a way to configure the Calendar control to where the user can
select the year (and even month) without so many clicks?

If the answer is no, could anyone recommend another flexible third-party
calendar control that integrates well with VS2005 and VB.Net?

TIA