Calendar Control

Peter

Is there anyway to make the System.Web.UI.WebControls.Calendar to display only Month Name and Year, like:

January, 2006
February, 2006

Thanks

Peter

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Peter,

Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
As for the question you mentioned, do you means that you only want to
display the current Year and Month value (as a Label) on the page rather
than including all the days in the month, yes?

If so, as for Calendar control, it can not be customized to only display
year and month, also, Calendar control is a large control which may
contains large viewstate and html content, so if you want to display a Year
+Month label, I suggest you consider just use a Label control or create a
custom control to displaying such info, and we can use the
System.DateTime.Now to get the current time info....

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: "Peter" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Calendar Control
| Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 22:32:15 -0600
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Is there anyway to make the System.Web.UI.WebControls.Calendar to display
only Month Name and Year, like:
| January, 2006
| February, 2006
| Thanks
| Peter

Peter

Steven Cheng said:
Hi Peter,

Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
As for the question you mentioned, do you means that you only want to
display the current Year and Month value (as a Label) on the page rather
than including all the days in the month, yes?

If so, as for Calendar control, it can not be customized to only display
year and month, also, Calendar control is a large control which may
contains large viewstate and html content, so if you want to display a
Year
+Month label, I suggest you consider just use a Label control or create a
custom control to displaying such info, and we can use the
System.DateTime.Now to get the current time info....

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: "Peter" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Calendar Control
| Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 22:32:15 -0600
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Is there anyway to make the System.Web.UI.WebControls.Calendar to
display
only Month Name and Year, like:
| January, 2006
| February, 2006
| Thanks
| Peter

Thank you for your help

I am already using Calendar control to allow user to select dates, but on my
web page there's an option for user to use approximate date instead of exact
date, so when user selects approximate I need to display a list of Month /
Year instead a full calendar, so I though I could use the Calendar control
for both options. I guess I have to create separate control for the
approximate option.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thank for your response Peter,

Yes, I agree that use a separate control should be the reasonable approach.
If there're anything else we can help, please feel free to post here.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)
--------------------
| From: "Peter" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Calendar Control
| Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 08:25:25 -0600
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| | > Hi Peter,
| >
| > Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
| > As for the question you mentioned, do you means that you only want to
| > display the current Year and Month value (as a Label) on the page rather
| > than including all the days in the month, yes?
| >
| > If so, as for Calendar control, it can not be customized to only display
| > year and month, also, Calendar control is a large control which may
| > contains large viewstate and html content, so if you want to display a
| > Year
| > +Month label, I suggest you consider just use a Label control or create
| > custom control to displaying such info, and we can use the
| > System.DateTime.Now to get the current time info....
| >
| > Thanks,
| >
| > Steven Cheng
| > Microsoft Online Support

| > rights.)